U

Thursday, October 12th, 2023 1:07 PM

Closed

Xfinity will not let me transfer my phone number that I've had way before them. Due to non payment. Is this illegal?

I was behind on my bill. I made a payment arrangement. However, my checking account had some unauthorized purchases so my card and account was changed. During this time my payment arrangement payment was not able to come out. So they canceled it an said I was not able to make another arrangement and required all the money at one time. I could not afford this. I tried to get new service to have phone for safety while I'm paying them off. However, they would not give me a transfer pin until I paid all the money I would. That number belonged to me and the held it hostage. I'm pretty sure it's against the law to block 🚫 a number from being transferred. Am I wrong?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

11 months ago

Hi there @user_h6e9j4!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum to voice your billing concerns.  We are glad to hear from you and want to assist in addressing your issues in any way that we can.  You have reached out to a team of billing experts who are going to get things squared away for you.  No worries!  In order for us to get started, we are going to need to take a closer look at your account.  So please feel free to shoot us a private message so that we can get the ball rolling for you.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

1 Message

9 months ago

Yes, the FCC says that this is illegal they are doing this to me right now. I need the number to continue continuity of care and for my disability I’m applying for. I can’t pay since I have been sick since April 2023 but continued to pay as best I could and even kept my payment arrangement. They said I did not pay and I did so they wanted everything in full. I need my Pin asap. This needs to be a class action suit really!

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @user_ubj9lw. Thank you for reaching out. I see you may have had a similar situation as well. If the service was interrupted, it would likely interrupt the porting process. I know that is not ideal, but you can circle back with our mobile team to be safe. You can reach them by texting or calling 1 (888) 936-4968. You can also chat with an expert here https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile.   

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

6 months ago

Did anyone ever get any resolution on this?   They're doing this to me now.  

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

user_kj25nk I would be more than happy to assist you with your Xfinity related concerns. Thank you for using the Community Forums page to reach out to us today. Just to specify is the issue you are experiencing related to your account billing being in a past due state, and you are not able to port your number out?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here