U

Saturday, May 18th, 2024 6:56 PM

Xfinity Prepaid Virtual MasterCard

I wasn't expecting any type of rebate from Xfinity.  But I received an email with a $200 virtual prepaid MasterCard.  The email doesn't state why I am receiving this card.  Is this a scam?  Thanks for your help!

Here's a copy:

------- Original message --------

Date: 5/16/24 10:01 PM (GMT-05:00)

To:

Subject: Your Virtual Prepaid Card is Ready!

We've got great news!

We’re happy to share that your Virtual Prepaid Mastercard has arrived. Thank you again for choosing Xfinity Mobile.

Click below to claim your $200.00 card.

Redeem Virtual Card

Redemption instructions

1. Click the Redeem Virtual Card button above or visit the redemption site by clicking this URL: https://xfinity.myprepaidcenter.com/redeem?ecode= 
  2. Enter the redemption code: [Edited: "Personal Information"] 
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Tips

• Click the link above or copy and paste the address into your browser to navigate to the activation site.
  • To avoid being sent to fraudulent website, do not search online for the site.
  • If you have any questions, please call 866-385-8392.

THIS IS A SERVICE-RELATED EMAIL
Comcast will occasionally send you service-related emails to inform you of service upgrades or new benefits.

Please do not reply to this email, it is not monitored. If you'd like to contact us, please visit our website here.

Comcast respects your privacy. For a complete description of our privacy policy, click here.

Virtual card is issued by Pathward®, N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard and the circles design are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated. No cash access or recurring payments. Can be used where Debit Mastercard is accepted online, for phone/mail orders, or in stores that accept mobile wallet. Valid for up to 6 months; unused funds will forfeit after the valid thru date. Terms and conditions apply.

© 2024 Comcast. All rights reserved.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Comcast Cable, One Comcast Center
1701 JFK Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Attn: Email Communications

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

4 months ago

user_jhrahe Can you please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address? We'll need to investigate this further to see if you have this incentive. We would recommend not clicking anything within that email you received until we can check it out. Our Incentive Tracker can be found here and you would need to enter your full Account Number to view any active incentive you may be participating in. Here are instructions on how to send a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

4 Messages

Hello!

I sent a DM to you with the info you requested.  Did you receive the info?

Thank you,

Marsha

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hi there, I am not seeing any private message on my end. May I have you try again. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Thank you for checking.  Yes, I will send the info again.

It asks who you are sending the DM to.  To whom should I address it?

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

You can send it to Xfinity Support. However, looking at the email you included, this is a legitimate offer! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

@XfinityAirelle​   Thank you for your help! 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

9 days ago

Did you hear anything back?  I just got the same email (for $180).  It looks really suspicious....

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_21c5e4​   of course, after I hit send, I got taken to the responses that show where to check incentives, and apparently, it IS legitimate.  (thanks for asking the question in the first place, though).

1 Message

9 days ago

But is the link working for anyone? When I check for my incentive tracker it says I qualified and to be on the lookout for email. I received email but can’t activate the card. I tried calling number but when I enter the card number to activate it says unable to find and reenter information 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I tried mine, and I cannot activate my card either.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

user_21c5e4 Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there! 

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

@user_k403ce Just to clarify, you have received the virtual prepaid gift card but were unable to activate it? If so, please send us a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address to get started. 

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pen and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
Press Enter to send it

1 Message

8 days ago

Try 1-800-948-8174. This is the phone number pertaining to the prepaid gift card you can call

2 Messages

8 days ago

Anybody find anything useful? I’ve been dealing with the same issues. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_3w32rr I would make sure to check on your card status here. If not registered it may not be fully activated for you to use. 

2 Messages

Thank you for that feedback Amanda, unfortunately that link you provided does not work and gives a 404 error.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_3w32rr Thank you for letting me know try the link directly. xfinity.myprepaidcenter.com 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here