Almighty188's profile

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

Thursday, May 2nd, 2024 11:26 PM

Xfinity NOW Mobile questions

I have some questions on the Xfinity NOW Mobile product here:
https://www.xfinity.com/now/mobile

1) Can current Xfinity Mobile customers switch to the NOW Mobile product?
2) Will there be a $25 per line fee to switch? 
3) https://www.xfinity.com/now/mobile lists the expected speeds and latency for 4G LTE and 5G which appears to be exactly what Verizon states, does the NOW Mobile product provide 5G Ultrawide Band?

Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

30 days ago

Hey Almighty188, thanks for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. On a side note, I appreciate your post's formatting as it makes it really easy to read! I'll list out the answers in the same order as well. Most of the answers are from the FAQs doc that I can email you if you can send us a direct message with your email. I'll post the instructions on how to send a direct message to us below.

1) "I’m an Xfinity Mobile customer, can I downgrade to NOW Mobile?
Downgrades from Xfinity Mobile to NOW Mobile are not available at this time — but stay tuned as we work to make these enhancements available in the future."

2) Since it hasn't launched yet, it hasn't been released if there will be a line fee for switching to Now Mobile

3)That's a great question and all of my documents on it just say 5g. I'd assume that is because it doesn't but I'm double-checking on that with my team.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

Many thanks, is the service and benefits identical to Xfinity Mobile unlimited other than #3 as while it lists expected speeds, it appears to be taken out of Verizon Wireless's speed expectations but 5G Ultrawide Band is not the same as 5G as they are two different things and I know some mobile providers include 5G Ultrawide Band access on Verizon's network and some don't. 

Official Employee

• 

725 Messages

Hello again Almighty188 great to hear from you!  As mentioned on the site you provided above,  Xfinity Now Mobile does have several benefits comparable to our Post=paid Xfinity Mobile services including: 

-Unlimited talk, text, and data
-Nationwide 5G
-Access to over 20 million Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots

-Flexibility to pause and resume your service. 

Thi s last point is one of the main differences and what many people who are interested in Now Mobile are looking for. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

The other point for NOW Mobile is the $25 includes all fees and taxes which for San Francisco, CA for example is $6.85 per line for Xfinity Mobile Unlimited at $30 per line with 2 lines.   Something missing from NOW Mobile and included in the Xfinity Mobile Unlimited is calling/texting to Mexico/Canada and roaming in Mexico/Canada including unlimited talk/text/data is included.  Unlimited high speed data meaning 4G/5G speeds is the first 20GB on NOW Mobile vs the first 30GB on Xfinity Mobile.  

Also, NOW Mobile might not include 5G+ aka 5G Ultrawide band as from Xfinity's site:
NOW Mobile only shows 4G LTE/5G under Speeds Provided with Plan

while Xfinity Mobile Unlimited shows 4G LTE/5G/5G+ under Speeds Provided with Plan

4G LTE is defined as 9Mbps-69Mbps down/1Mbps-13Mbps up, 51ms-82ms latency
5G is defined as 34Mbps-149Mbps down/6Mbps-37Mbps up, 42ms-63ms latency
5G+ is defined as 215Mbps-702Mbps down/14Mbps-75Mbps up, 37ms-56ms latency

So it would be great if Xfinity Mobile Unlimited can also have all fees and taxes included.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

That's a good difference to point out Almighty188. We can pass along your feedback so that in the future it may be possible for the capabilities and features of NOW Mobile to be changed. It’s a great new service, and we look forward to the new value it can bring to all our valued customers!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

What's also missing from both Xfinity Mobile and NOW Mobile that competitors are including for free is texting/talk is free unlimited to international destinations as a feature.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here