U

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Thursday, October 26th, 2023 6:08 PM

Closed

Xfinity mobile very slow data speed around home area

All my phones with xfinity mobile are very very slow for internet.
I cannot browse the internet at all. I tried all the troubleshooting guides etc.
I'd like to know if this is because reception is bad in this area so I can look for another provider.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

11 months ago

Thank you for reaching out @user_84375b I am sorry to see that you are getting slower speeds on your mobile services. You may be in an area that doesn't have a tower nearby. Are you able to use the Hotspot app so that you are able to be on WiFi even when on the go? I use it all the time and get fast speeds when in a Xfinity service area. I would also suggest making sure your phone is up to date and you reboot the device from time to time.  

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

My main concern is that I work from home. Last week there was an internet outage and I was unable to work for several hours. Funny because if I go to a grocery store across the street, and the reception is better. I've noticed certain providers work best in certain areas.
Anyways, thanks for trying to help.

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

@user_84375b That is certainly a valid concern! Out of curiosity, is there any improvement in the connection if you are outside as opposed to inside your home? I wonder if maybe there is something that is causing interference of some kind as well since you say even across the street works better.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

No, even when I am walking around our neighborhood the reception is not good.
I've noticed this with previous providers, certain areas are difficult to get a signal. 

But, as long as my xfinity internet service is reliable I am ok. 

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

@user_84375b I see! I know in my area as well, some cell providers struggle with dead spots, unfortunately. I think @XfinityDena is on point with using the Hot Spots when you can though, that is one of the greatest features of XFINITY Mobile in my opinion!  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here