U

Thursday, October 19th, 2023 6:40 PM

Closed

Xfinity Mobile Retrun Nightmare

This is one of the wrost experience i had being a customer with xfinity /comcast 15 years what a pain the customer has to go through .

Situation: I have ordeered new Iphone 15 plus for my mom with a new line to my existing account - I need to retrun the phone in a day as i forgot xfinity locked the phone - i reached customer service to unblock to use international e-sim which customer service denied to un-lock . So I returned the phone new phone as -is in with in day o the same box in fedex provided by customer rep. I have traded in a phone for this which they accepted , but the iphone 15 plus xfinity simply charged my account full price stating functional damage other than that i have no info. I have call 5 rep on phone stayed for more than hour on the call to figure out what is the damage ? I still dont know the situation , i am up for the  fight with Xfinity .

You got to let customer know what  is going on with the above scenario what happens to my traded phone , we never used the phone at first place , do i get the phone back ? is it under apple warranty .  It's complete dark for me .

It's kind of humiliating as a customer to go through this mess - i will say good bye once for all to Xfinity if this is not sorted.

6 Messages

11 months ago

I am having the same issue with them labelling my brand-new return as having functional damage. The even weirder part is others and I have commented on similar issues on other posts here at Xfinity, but now I can't find any of those comments - as if they disappeared. Good luck, they have yet to find a solution for me or even return the phone as they said they are supposed to.

17 Messages

I am in the same boat, this is so frustrating, such a SCAM company

6 Messages

11 months ago

Same I couldn’t find my earlier response either. I think they deleted those comments. It is so disgusting that they are committing such return phone fraud and trying to cover it.

7 Messages

11 months ago

Have you solved the issue? I am facing exactly the same issue. I got $785 charged after returning the iPhone 15. I am their customer for a long time. This is frustrating 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

11 months ago

Hey there @user_kdd1oh thanks for using our Forums to contact our Xfinity Support Team. We are here happy to see how we can help you and make sure you get the assistance you need with your mobile concerns. I know you mentioned you called our team before but have you tried using the other methods below to contact our Mobile team? Over this platform, our team is limited to the assistance we can provide, so we suggest you contact them. 

• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

3 Messages

11 months ago

In the same boat, returned iphone 15 pro, still sealed and not activated. After delivered to warehouse, it was pending for 3 weeks, then told me it's "functional damage" and will charge full price. Just filled the complaint to BBB

1 Message

@user_5d9igr​ Exactly same story here, I just received an e-mail today saying it's "functional damage" without any pictures or details and going to charge me $629.99 for the iPhone 13 I just returned 3 WEEKS ago. 

17 Messages

11 months ago

Hey guys, 

I had the same problem, however, after I made hundred of calls and there was one agent told me that my phone was actually received in in GOOD Condition instead "Functional damaged" as they stated and charged me for the full amount.

I feel like there is something going on with the system and automatically place every return device to Damage. 
i file complaint with FCC and they reached out to Xfinity and yesterday morning, one of Xfinity agent contacted me to issue the refund.

keep contact with them,[Edited: "Solicitation"], they will work on that problem for sure

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_up9xzh, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the return, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

11 months ago

update on the situation;

I have logged complaint to FCC and shared all the data - i received call from Xfinity stating about my complaint to FCC -  there was an error on their part it seems - they did see in the system the phone indeed received in good condition , but somehow  the engineer was graded D  it seems. Xfinity  closed everything on their end stating it was on them . Case closed. My advise to other community members is to try FCC complaint if you have all the data and proof . I thank you other community members for sharing their experience. Lessons learn from this experience - it's worth visit nearest xfinity store for device return's and trade-off this online thing is indeed causing headaches.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here