R

Friday, June 14th, 2024 4:13 AM

Xfinity Mobile Broken Promise and Billing Charges!

Good evening,

On May 16, Houston, TX got got with severe storms and tornado rings that shut down half the city and killed several people. Many people experienced power outages for weeks. 

Fortunately, I didn't experience a power outage. However on the night at 16, my Xfinity Internet service went out and we did but have Internet for almost 10 days. 

Here's is my problem:

On May 19 (3 days after the storms), I called Xfinity Mobile and asked "since I can't use Xfinity Internet service, is it possible to use my mobile data and get credited?" Please note that I never use my Xfinity Mobile data, so I mostly only pay the monthly base price.

The representative put me on hold as she asked her supervisor and I'm not sure who. The response came back that it works but he a problem due to the inconveniences and unfortunate issues with the Xfinity service. 

She told me she will notate the account so that I can call back when the bill comes out and her credited without a problem. She assured me that I should have no problems.

June 12: the bill comes out for $245 because I had used about 9.6 gb during those 10 days of outages. 

I contacted Xfinity Mobile and after over 3 hours, I was told a case was opened and that a supervisor would contact me to get the credit because it was over $200 and but something they can easily do. 

Supervisor calls me 3 hours later and tells me the rep who noted the account and her supervisor were wrong and that the charges can't be credited. And that there are no other supervisors or anyone I can talk to 

I would like to know who I can contact about this, because I only used my data after I was granted permission. I used it after making sure I contacted Xfinity. Xfinity has the data that shows I was having outages (the reps I talked to before the supervisor were able to verify that).

How can I be promised a credit and then be told that it was a mistake? I have Internet essentials for $10/month, I had ACP due to my low income, and yet the supervisor who called me blamed me for the charges. I charge don't have money to early blow through. 

Please help! 

1 Message

3 months ago

Same here! $630 because we were having to use Verizon towers since their towers were down. We were not even alerted that we were over our data. Never received a text or email. They will not budge. Terrible business. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_x45bw9 I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience. We'd like to review the account and help connect you with one of our Xfinity Mobile agents for further assistance. Could you please send our team a Direct Message with your name and service address? Our team can take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 months ago

@RoseSenior First off I hope you and your loved ones were and are safe during the severe storms. Second I would be reaching out if I were in your shoes too. Our team is happy to help get you in connection with our Xfinity Mobile department for further help with investigation into your mobile billing. Please send us your full name and complete address in a direct message:

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

3 Messages

Good afternoon. Thank you for the directions. I just sent a direct message to Xfinity Support and I hope the charges can be reviewed and a proper resolution can be achieved. Thank you again and I hope to hear back soon. 

Also, do you know how long it will take for someone to contact me? 

Thank you

3 Messages

3 months ago

Update: PeterH most likely helped resolve my issue (so thank you @XfinityPeterH ) I did get back what I was promised. I did hope I would have received some credit for the hours of headache, stress, and frustrations I had to deal with until this was finally resolved.

Advice is to make sure that the representative notates the account and that they read to you what they wrote. I got lucky that the original representative did that and that was enough for the Case manager overseeing my issue to see what had occurred. The case manager did listen to the original phone call and verified the conversation, so it was clear that I had gotten both the original representative and her supervisor's permission to use data. 

Again, make sure things are noted on the account and maybe even record your own phone call. I would never want anyone to deal with the 6-8 hours of headache I had to go through!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

23 days ago

Here another cheated customer! they promised credit to my account last November, but regretted and refused to honor that. same thing just happened again last week !  they promised $120 credit, but refused to honor again!!! unbelievable!

Official Employee

• 

792 Messages

mysterking thank you for reaching out, I know how important it is to have your promises kept. I would be happy to look into your options with you. What was this credit in relation to exactly?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here