AC64's profile

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Wednesday, January 3rd, 2024 7:14 PM

Closed

Xfinity Mobile BOGO offer has been taken away.

On October 10, 2023, I signed up for the BOGO unlimited line promotion at the Xfinity store.  I also purchased 2 new phones.  I received the promotion on my first bill and have not received it since! On December 7, 2023, I received an email stating that my line of service had been canceled and I would no longer be receiving the unlimited data promotion.  There was a number to call but since I had heard inklings of a breach, I was hesitant to call the number since I could not find that number anywhere on the Xfinity site.  After calling the customer service number provided on the Xfinity site,  I was told my service had not been canceled and to disregard the email.  Well, my BOGO promotion obviously was canceled.  Since then, I have spent hours on the phone with agents and have been told that since I am getting a discount on my internet bill, I am not qualified to get the BOGO! I spoke with an agent on the internet side and she said the $10 discount is automatic and has nothing to do with any mobile promotions.  After being transferred back to the mobile division, I was told that the internet discount is preventing me from receiving the BOGO promotion and that the person I spoke with on the internet side did not know what the mobile offer requires.  I am currently on hold to speak with a supervisor.   (I have currently been on the line with 3 different agents and it is going on 3 hours!)  Can someone here help?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

7 months ago

Hello @AC64, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. We have a specialized team of experts that are able to assist our Xfinity Mobile customers. That team can be reached at 1 (888) 936-4968 via text message and over the phone. If you'd rather chat with a Mobile expert online, that can be done through this link comca.st/3G78PAk. We know our customers are the best part of Xfinity and appreciate you taking the time to give us the opportunity to help.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@XfinityKrista​ I have already done both and am an unsatisfied customer. It seems as if this is a promotion to get new customers and then it is canceled without reason. Not a good way to do business.

Official Employee

• 

740 Messages

@AC64 I can see how this situation might be frustrating for you, but all the mobile representatives you spoke with, and supervisor told you the same thing correct? If mobile agents, and supervisor told you that the BOGO offer is not available with the discount on your internet bill, then we can't override them as we currently don't have access to Xfinity Mobile to help. I can only advise you reach out to the mobile team for any further issues. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@AC64​ had T-Mobile pull this on me a few years ago. Glad you shared this to remind me of how the big telecoms screw you once they dominate the market. 

8 Messages

5 months ago

If you call enough times, Xfinity will respect your persistence and will apply 30 dollars as discount on each billing cycle. Basically, agent suggested me to call them 12 times (once every billing cycle) to get the 30 first credit for the line (Total 360 dollars).

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_n5rapr​ the problem here is that they grease the squeaky wheel. That's all you are to them. You cost more than what it takes to serve you if you tie up customer service AFTER they mistreated you, so they pay you quick to make you go away. 

And what it really shows is that Comcast does NOT respect you. Whatsoever. Any company that makes you call in and waste 12 hours (and make you opt-in to this abuse every month for a year) for $360 worth of credit isn't serious about customer service. It's not "Xfinity". Call them Comcast. Don't respect those that disrespect you like this.

you are not their employee, And if they treat you like one where you have to call in to "Work" once a month, you should get benefits too. Not just a discount of a measley $360 per year. They are a big corporation that **could** spend the money to bill correctly, if they wanted to.

This is their choice to not bill correctly, You have a choice not to endure this, but port your number elsewhere.

Thanks for the reminder so I don't fall for it  with Comcast.

1 Message

5 months ago

Same problem here. Signed up at the end of September and I have spent hours on the phone. I was told that I’m not eligible even though I was when I signed up. Total bait and switch. I’ll be going back to TMobile as soon as I get the phone paid. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey @user_j49h0h,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Community Forums support page. We recommend reaching out to our dedicated Xfinity Mobile support team to see if they can help provide any assistance or guidance for your Xfinity Mobile account concerns. 

We would suggest contacting our Mobile experts via one of the following methods:

• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Our Xfinity Mobile partners are available daily from 7 am to 9 pm EST. I'm confident they'll be able to get this resolved for you. We're here 24/7 if you have any general Xfinity Mobile questions in the future.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here