U

Wednesday, September 11th, 2024 9:40 PM

Xfinity Mobile BAIT AND SWITCH

I signed up for xfinity mobile  on April 15th. I signed up b/c I had intrnet and was trying to consoldiate my streaming services. They sold me on a $35 unlimited data phone line, with a new iphone ( at cost of my trade in, I would be getting a credit to my bill every month that covered the new phone b/c of trade in) AND a promotion for $40 off my internet if I signed up for mobile AND a $5 discount to xfinity streamsaver. Sounded like a no brainer. 

1. They sent me the wrong phone. The agent TOLD ME to return the wrong phone and my trade-in ( worth $850) in the same box to the shipping label they provided. I did so. 

2. My first bill comes June 15th- no discounts are applied. I call and chat xfinity mobile for a total of 7 hours. I am constantly flipped back and forth between agents in India for internet and mobile billing. All agents at differnt points tell me the credits arent applied because the phone isnt reviewed by the warehouse- ALTHOUGH I got an email from xfininty saying the phones were recevied and evaluated by assurant.  Im also told this is my fault for putting both phones in the same box even though the agent told me to do so. Some agents assure me that they do indeed have the phones as the email states, others tell me they actually dont have it. Im transferred to multiple supervisorr, who end up just give me the credit ad hoc and telling me it will apply monthly. 

3. Next month = no credits applied. This time, Im told that the phone is missing, and not actually recevied, AND that Im no longer eligible for the internet promotion because I returned the incorect phone invalidating my contract. Im told the best they can offer me is $10 off a month, and they are in no position whatsoever to give me the discount on my contract because I returned the (wrongly sent) phone. Im given another one time phone credit and only $10 off my internet. Another ticket is opened to find in my trade in phone. 

4. Next month comes aorund and Im chatting with an agent. They tell me my phone has been found and its been documented in the system of having been found back in June and how sorry they are and they were authrorized to give me an ipad and line with a credit of $40 a month to offset the actual cost. Also, I was never getting streamsaver- I got their free streaming device which is not the same. Im told no discounts ever existed for streamsaver. I try to remove and give back the free deivce-- they told me if I dont that my internet bill will increase by $30 a month. 

Overall-- Im trying to cancel my mobile plan because they legally promised a discount to my plan via a trade in and havent delivered and its been almost 6 months. THEY DO NOT CARE that its in our contract, and have even pulled up my contract on calls, confirmed what Ive said, and told me theres nothing they can do about it. Ive been paying double for months than what I was paying on tmobile with my paid off phone. Id like to SUE them for the time, emotional duress and headaches ive gone through. Theyve lost my original phone, and to get out of my contract I have to pay the entire cost of the new phone. 

I will NEVER recommend xfinity mobile. This is the WORST service and company I have ever one business with. 

5. Next month, my bill is almost $200. No credits were applied. I call and call and am told that person lied, no such promotion existed, and I still have to pay for the month I had the ipad. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

7 days ago

Thank you for taking the time to sharing your story. That's definitely not the experience we want and is as unacceptable to us as it is to you. This is not normal practice for us, so I'll do what I can to help. In order to get started can you, please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

--

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3lv0gXz

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

I don’t think this agent gets it. IVE BEEN reaching out to support- that’s my problem. 

another update, the agent gave me a $19 credit. However for one week I get Xfinity notifications that I owe money yet the app says I have no open bills. I chat an agent who is rude telling me to look at my bill and if it says 0 then it’s clearly 0. Yet I’m getting messages my home will be deactivated  for an open bill I can’t even find. I call and speak to an agent who says that he fixed the issue and it was an internal error and my phone won’t get deactivated. Well guess what?my phone got deactivated and i spent two hours on hold for the agent to tell me that the system accidenlty marked the credit as a debit. They claimed to have fixed it.

one week later,  $19  debits from my account. 

you would think… if it auto debited why didn’t it do that in the first place? Why didn’t I bet the full billing cycle to pay it if I really did owe it. Why did it only give me a weeks notice about a debit that didn’t show on my account?how does a system get a debit and credit confused?

oh and I got an email saying my phone was denied the trade in credit. Ha.when I returned it in perfect condition. This company is a SCAM. Do not buy!!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here