kimesalley's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, March 30th, 2024 12:19 PM

Xfinity mobile "bait and switch"

On 3/20/2024 I contacted Xfinity to inquire about moving my 2 mobile lines from ATT to Xfinity. I did this via chat. I got a "deal" for $15/mo per line for 12 months. I also wanted to take advantage of the trade in to trade a Samsung S10e for an S23. I was told it would be $8.33/mo. for 24 mos. While the agent was finalizing the transaction, they came back and said since I wasn't already an Xfinity mobile customer, I needed to wait to receive the new SIM cards, activate the lines and then come back for the phone. I was skeptical so I printed the chat and also got a chat ID number from the agent as "proof". Well, I did all the steps and when it came to getting the phone, it was now $29/mo for 24 mos "because the deal only applied to NEW lines and I'm now an existing customer"! After countless hours with countless numbers of agents, plus a visit to the Xfinity store (where I was told he wouldn't help me because he wouldn't get commission) it is now 3/30/2024 with NO resolution. I stayed on hold for over 1 hour with a "supervisor", Dray, before the call dropped. I view this as a true bait and switch but can't get anyone to resolve the issue.

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

6 months ago

Hello there, kimesalley! I appreciate you taking the time out of your day, and I want to ensure you are provided the best support possible with this issue! Please send a direct message to us by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your full name and complete street address to get started. Thanks! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here