U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, June 6th, 2023 5:02 PM

Closed

Xfinity Lost My Trade In

I've been a customer with Xfinity for almost 20 years. Back in March, my son and I decided to switch his service over to my account.  My son had a very expensive iphone that he had finished paying for and was told he could trade it in for a brand new phone and get 800.00 in credits towards a new phone that would give him a very reasonable monthly bill. We decided to go ahead and trade in his phone.  They gave us the shipping instructions and we sent the phone in. We kept checking the progress and the first bill came with no credit. We reached out to xfinity and they claimed we never sent the phone in...oh but we did. We had the tracking information from the post office to prove it.  It was delivered and signed for by xfinity days after we sent it in on April 3.  Since then I have gotten nothing but the run around. Xfinity says we need to call Assurant, Assurant says they can't help us and we need to call Xfinity, Xfinity sends us back to Assurant, Assurant sends us back to Xfinity.  Xfinity says they did receive the phone but it hasn't been updated in the system, then they say they haven't received in the warehouse...of course this is all after I have given them all the tracking information including the ID for the person who actually scanned the phone in at the warehouse in York, PA. It's been over 2 months of this and I'm at my wits end. We sent in a very expensive phone, that was paid for by us, in good faith and now they have lost our phone and we are stuck paying a high payment when we shouldn't have to.  My son worked hard to pay for that phone.  We could have sold it out right, but instead we trusted xfinity. I'm pretty sure we can kiss the phone and our lower bill good bye. I am so angry!  I'd switch to a different carrier but I am still paying on my phone through xfinity and can't afford to pay off the bill!  Someone at their warehouse probably stole the phone and we are footing the bill!!  Unacceptable Xfinity!  Unacceptable. 

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

1 year ago

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a message, you must be signed in. Please click the envelope icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityAirelle​ There is no envelop icon in the top right of the page next to the bell. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

...and no my question was not answered. It seems to me that since I have proof from a government agency that you received the phone, that I should be given the credit that Xfinity agreed to in the contract. It is not my fault that they lost the phone. It's Xfinity's fault and they should be held responsible and credit me the 800.00 either way. I did my part and it is not my fault that the Xfinity worker who received the item was careless and lost the phone. I understand that this is not your fault either, but unfortunately someone needs to do something to rectify this situation. I am out a 1200.00 phone. Xfinity needs to make this right. The customer service I have received has been UNACCEPTABLE.  I have been given nothing but the runaround.  This is completely unfair and I would like answers or you will lose me as a customer.  I'm all done with this!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_e6cdb6 I can see how this would be extremely frustrating. I want to be sure to get you in right direction for a resolution for the missing phone. Because I will need to get some personal information, I will need you to go into DM as I want to be sure to keep your personal information private. Here are the instructions below. I look forward to working with you this afternoon! 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

this is the same problem my wife and I experiencing, its been 4 months and I still hasn't been able to get credit on my phone, we trade in 2 phones and only 1 phone is being credited, I called them many times, but they are no help. Both phones are cleary delivered to them base on the tracking and also base on post office records. The customer service are no help, they told me the same thing to call assurant but again assurant said they can't help, they said we need to call Xfinity! This is BS, we need help! 

this one is being credited:
Offer Number : [Edited: "Personal Information"]
USPS Tracking : [Edited: "Personal Information"]

but this one is NOT and I can't find the status of it anymore, its not showing anymore!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@PineapplePanda We are very sorry to hear of the ongoing issue that you have been dealing with. We would recommend speaking to our Xfinity Mobile Team directly so that they can track this down for you and see what needs to be done to get it resolved. You can contact them using either of these methods:

Phone - (888) 936-4968
Chat - https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Our Xfinity Mobile Team will do everything they can to make sure you can get this fixed.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I have called this number many times, and they are no help! I even asked for their manager, and also useless, NO ONE CAN HELP ME! NO BODY HAS AN ANSWER FOR ME! YOU GUYS NEED TO PAY FOR ME PHONE!!! I already gave you the information that I have.. the information below is the trade in phone that I sent which is handover to one of the xfinity employees, and you guys don't know the status or where my phone is. GIVE ME MY CREDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its been 4 months since you guys got my phone trade in!!!!! GIVE ME MY CREDIT!!

(edited)

Contributor

• 

367 Messages

@PineapplePanda , my teammate shared about calling in as option due to the fact we do not have the tools here in Digital Care to manage mobile service accounts. This is best handled through the phone number or through chat option. Would going back to place you stated about one of our Xfinity employees be an option? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I will give it a try again, but I am pretty sure that  they will just pass me around.. can you at least make a ticket or case number or something or make notes for them? seems like these customer service on the phone doesn't know what they are doing or talking about! PLEASE!! its been 4 months since xfinity got a hold of my trade in phone!

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

I'm sorry to see that's been happening. However, since we don't have access to mobile services and accounts here there isn't an option for us to notate your account or create a ticket about this. Instead, the best option is to reach back out to them directly. I'm sorry for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

I no longer work for Comcast.

1 Message

1 year ago

Experienced exactly the same thing this past month.

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

1 year ago

Same thing happened to me. USPS says trade-in was delivered last week, and Xfinity is still saying that I need to ship my old device or the trade-in will be cancelled.  The deadline is just a few days away. Is the Xfinity Mobile trade-in promotion a scam, or are they just woefully incompetent?  

4 Messages

@dsring​ Same thing here. I shipped the old device using their prepaid USPS label more than a week ago and the tracking says they received it a few days ago. But Xfinity's website still says I haven't sent it and my trade-in offer will be cancelled in a few days. Someone needs to report this obviously fraudulent trade-in scam to the authorities.

1 Message

I am dealing with the same situation.  The post office says the phone was delivered a week ago but Xfinity still does not even acknowledge that it was shipped. I am a long time customer as well.  Xfinity needs to get a handle on this issue as this has happened to too many customers to be a simple mistake.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Welcome to our community forum, @user_340085. I definitely want to make sure we get an update on the phone you sent us. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited over this platform. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests for our Mobile customers. I want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello! I'm following up with you to see if heard anything back about your trade-in. Please let us know at your convenience. 

4 Messages

1 year ago

So a day or two after I posted about the issue here, it was resolved. I received an email saying my trade-in was accepted and my statement credits will be applied.

1 Message

1 year ago

OMG I am having the same issue! Its so frustrating!

1 Message

1 year ago

So I am not the only one! wow. They received my phone on July 20th at 1:38 pm and it's been 21 days and the agent on the phone keeps denying my request speaking with a manager. She said that it takes the assurance team up to 3 months to issue the credit; I told her that it takes 1 day only, as we sent another phone, we received the credit a day after you received the trade-in; however, this one is taking longer than expected. Then the agent said that it takes up to 3 months to assess the phone!!! Seriously?! It takes 10 minutes to appraise a car when you want to trade in. A phone is much much smaller than that; furthermore, on the website says that it takes up to 7 business days to issue the credit. Then she hung up on me. Now I am stuck with a side job "calling Xfinity" to find my trade-in. Xfinity must be punished by law for such a scam!!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here