U

Monday, September 16th, 2024 7:41 PM

Why do you hate me?

Dear Xfinity,

I really liked you and what you had to offer, so I ordered both, internet and mobile from you and I was absolutely thrilled. You asked me to verify my identity online. No biggy, right? I would do that for you. But then, You cancelled my mobile order because I have a non US/Canada/Mexico passport. I am a valid resident with a valid visa and foreign passport but you rejected me and cancelled my order.

You offer the only other option to verify : state id/driver's license. I passed my driving test recently, it can take 14 days or more for me to get my license card mailed to me. I have a temporary operators license but it's not enough for you, you will not accept that. 

You would just not verify me online so I came to your store. I came to you with all my documents in person so you could verify me. But you couldn't help me. You sent me back empty handed.

So here I am, dejected and utterly powerless to prevent the inevitable cancellation of my order for the second time. Ofcourse, I could just wait to get my driver's license card and miss out on the iPhone 16 preorder, no big deal right?

I just had to ask : Xfinity, why do you hate me?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

2 days ago

Hello, @user_vuv97w. We appreciate you reaching our team on Forums, we most certainly do not hate you. There are specific acceptable forms of identification that's been in place that you can see here. Once you receive the acceptable documents, we can certainly get your services up and running.

3 Messages

Hello,

I got my US driver's license and uploaded it but you cancelled the order anyway.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_vuv97w Thanks for the response and we are here and happy to make sure we get this working correctly for you. Can you please try sending us a DM with your name and address so we can get you all set up?Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

@XfinityJorge​ I have done as you requested.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_vuv97w Thanks! We'll continue in Direct Message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here