marcotomas83's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 9th, 2023 5:45 PM

Closed

Why am I being charged for international data usage when I paid a flat rate of $200 ($10/day) for the Global Travel Pass?

My wife and I recently traveled abroad. We did not want to get saddled with data charges while in Europe and were meeting friends who lived there so we needed to use our phones. We purchased the Global Travel Pass for both of our phones and used them on the trip as one would expect (maps, looking up restaurants, texting). We were charged the $10/day, but also charged for data usage by the MB, which seems totally wrong. My wife was told that we went over the 512 MB cap, which is why we were charged extra. But no such 512 MB cap was explained to us over the phone. The website also contradicts this charge--which says that once you go over 512 MB, "data is available at 2G speeds until a new pass is started." Nothing says you will be charged more if you go over 512 MB. The pass is advertised as a "flat rate for calls, texts, and data." I don't see the point of paying $10/day (for something that is free with other carriers, by the way) when you will simply be charged by Xfinity anyway by the MB.

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

2 years ago

Here is the policy: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/traveling-internationally

Most if not all U.S. carriers charge your data plan for the data used. The $10 daily rate is used to pay the international carriers for calls, text, and data. The 512MB daily limit is for high speed data. 

The bottom line is that users should switch to unlimited data or a higher shared data amount if using lots of data while traveling. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

2 years ago

Hi there @marcotomas83!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum.  We greatly appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited on this platform. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here