U

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, March 3rd, 2023 3:55 AM

Closed

What is the status of Samsung galaxy watch support???!!!

What is the status of the below?? (You closed my last thread so I'm reposting.)

I was told February or March '23 now i can not even text you "we need to speak to you an agent will call you"! So do not give me the number again. If I wanted a phone call I wouldn't have texted!!!

Sounds like your losing a lot of customers because of this... 

When will you be offering support for the Galaxy watches?!?! If you use Verizons network, there has got to be a mutual benefitting solution for everyone. This is getting beyond ridiculous at this point. I've been given a watch (with lte) that I can't leave my phone in the bedroom and walk from one end of the house to the other without it disconnecting. Please come up with something soon!!! I know I'm not the only one who's waited patiently... which is now being tested. 

Thanks 

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

2 years ago

Hi there, @user_K76G. We do not have any information about the Samsung Galaxy Watch support. You would need to continue working with the Xfinity Mobile team on this. They can be reached by calling or texting 1-888-936-4968, or reaching out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile. I know you stated you already texted. Have you also tried reaching out to that team using the chat as well?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Yes this is extremely frustrating... I've debated switching services for this reason too. I have a galaxy lte watch and am so frustrated I can't use it without my phone being near by. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Don't bother calling or texting. There is no update and no good answer. All I was told is my concern is being passed on to upper management. I think it's time to switch carriers. I'm done waiting!!!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Looks like TMobile has a much better service and has no problem getting my Samsung Watch a stand alone line. Why can't xfinity?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Don't bother calling because no one knows if or when they will be supporting galaxy watches. I've been waiting two years. I think it's time to switch carriers. 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

I am also becoming less and less patient with the total lack of Android watch support

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

(Seems Xfinity deleted my original post) I bought a watch in December, after an Xfinity agent told me they supported the Galaxy watch. Imagine how furious I was to find out, when I called to activate it, that they said they did not and could only tell me they were working on it. I called Samsung to see if I could find out why Xfinity did not support the watches but the phones. The Samsung agent told me Xfinity has the rights to activate the watches on their system and are not sure why they haven't done so yet. When I called Xfinity back, the agent confirmed they do have permission but were "working" on getting them supported. Sounds like, in my opinion, Xfinity has a deal or gets some sort of kick back for making Apple watches the only ones available, to push more Iphones. (I am sure this last statement is why Xfinity deleted my original response). 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@user_1c5057​ their own website has instructions on how to add a android watch. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_03a5a3​ for a non LTE watch

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/how-to-activate-apple-watch

Galaxy Watch Cellular Activation

Before you begin cellular activation of your Galaxy Watch, be sure you have the following:

Galaxy Watch plugged in and charged at least 50%.

Android device near your Galaxy Watch.

Your Xfinity Mobile login credentials – username and password.

To activate:

On your phone, open the Galaxy Wearable app and tap Watch Settings.

Tap Mobile plans.

The app will begin scanning for an eligible LTE network.

Select Next when prompted to start setting up a mobile network for your watch.

If a QR code is available, select I have a QR code or activation code and select Next.

Complete the activation by selecting Done once completed.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_1c5057​ back about two months ago, I was having TV problems and was on the phone with a rep for quite a while. We got talking about mobile service and galaxy watches and he told me he heard "by mid year" not sure I believe him, but 🤞

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_03a5a3​ my watch works great as long as my phone is near by....defeats the purpose of having an LTE

(edited)

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

If this is true perhaps a class action lawsuit for discrimination or maybe going to a national News source to investigate why. I for one have had it... anyone on this forum a lawyer or news reporter? What grounds do we have? Any? 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@user_K76G​ wouldn't be a lawsuit. But xfinity should remove it if it has no support

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_03a5a3​ I am not claiming this to be true or not, it's my opinion and does not need to be removed. Just awkward that they have the rights to activate the phones on their network, but haven't and won't after offering mobile service for 5-6yrs. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_K76G​ here is a link to an article and apparently, in 2020, Xfinity did allow Samsung Galaxy watches on their network. What happened Xfinity? 

https://internet-access-guide.com/xfinity-mobile-samsung-watch/

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_03a5a3​ they used to support Galaxy watches. Here is a link to an article about it.

https://internet-access-guide.com/xfinity-mobile-samsung-watch/

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

1 year ago

I was over at Xfinity today and saw Samsung watches on their advertisement.  They set up my Galaxy watch 4 Classic (with Cellular).  It took a little while since it was the first time they'd done this.  However, it works great.  It's $12.12 (with tax).  But I've been waiting for this for years, so yeah!  Finally!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here