dandgage's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 25th, 2023 9:54 PM

Closed

Was talked into a mobile phone to receive a discount on my internet bill, discount never came and now they say I can't return the phone

I contact the online agent to resolve another issue and was told that if I wanted to save money, just convert my landline to a mobile phone, then I could receive a discount on my internet bill for bundling.  I asked multiple questions to ensure I wouldn't be caught off guard with hidden fees, then I agreed to the phone.  The agent never stated I would only receive the discount if I ported my exact house number, just that the phone had to be activated to receive the reduction.  After a week, I received a mobile bill, but no discount.  I contacted customer service, they stated since I didn't transfer my house number, I can't receive the discount.  I asked to return the phone, I didn't need it, since I wasn't going to receive a reduced bill, I don't want the phone.  They gave me a discount for my inconvenience, then stated that they would be emailing me a shipping label.  They label never arrives, but soon an email stating that I soon won't be able to return the phone if I don't ship it soon.  I make another hour+ long call to customer service, they state that they will email me the shipping label, it never arrives.  I then drive 30 minutes to my nearest store and try to return it there, they state they can't take it, it has to be shipped, but this is a common problem with their sales staff pushing products on people that don't need them, they would contact their Tier 3 team and try to resolve it, then gave me their cards.  I wait a week then email them, wait another week then email again.  Now I've had the phone for 2 months, I finally hear back and they state that I've had it too long, I will have to pay off the phone.  I make another hour+ call to customer service and ask to speak to a supervisor, as I'm being transferred, the call disconnects.  I am extremely frustrated, even if I lose speed it makes me want to look elsewhere for my internet needs, I don't want to give another dollar to a company that treats customers this way.

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here in the Digital Care team. You have reached the Xfinity experts who can certainly assist you with your Xfinity discount related concerns, @dandgage. Thank you for using the Xfinity Forum to reach out. We never want our customers to go through the experience you are describing here. Are you familiar with whether you were speaking with representatives on the Xfinity residential service side of things or with an Xfinity Mobile representative?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I'm pretty sure I spoke with everyone, I spoke to the residential side, was passed on the mobile side, I went into a local store to try and return it, and tried several time using chat bots.  The finally gave me a shipping label after 2 months, I mailed it back and received a $35 charge, then was billed for another month.  If they would've sent it when I first reached out on 8/10 I wouldn't have been charged for the additional time.  I just want my money back, I was  for a phone I feel I was led to sign up for through fraudulent promises by a sales person trying to get their numbers up and may not even work there anymore. Even though you guys say everything is recorded and noted, I have to re-explain to 3 different people when I call support, and nothing happens. I saved every chat agent chat if someone needs it (including the initial chat where the agent had me put my CC information into the chat because they couldn't figure out the secure link), I've been a customer for 8-9 years, love the service, but now I want to leave if this is how customers are treated.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching back out to us @dandgage! We’d truly regret seeing you go, could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? We can definitely help take a further look at these extra charges! To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

11 months ago

I am dealing with a similar issue. I received a mailing with quotes for signing up for xfinity mobile. The stated the price for two unlimited mobile lines and a discount for internet. What a joke.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_f5no3o Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. I am happy to look into this if you need assistance. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message":
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here