U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, June 8th, 2023 4:13 PM

Closed

upgrading phone

Dear Xfinity -
We are at our wits end with the 1800# for customer service and support.  Here is a rundown of what happened:
  • My husband called several times to upgrade his old Samsung phone and was told that the monthly payment option (financing) is not available to us.  We questioned this as we have no phones financed (in fact no debt at all).  The answer was always that this is automatically calculated.
  • I received an email with a code for $500 of a upgrade for a phone:
Ending  🔜! $499 off a new phone
Inbox
image.png

Xfinity <xfinity@emails.xfinity.com> Unsubscribe

Fri, Jun 2, 4:04 PM (6 days ago)
to  me
Xfinity Mobile

Now’s the time to upgrade!

Save $499 on an eligible device when you upgrade

Stop waiting and start shopping! Take advantage
of this limited time offer for a new device!

Enter promo code:

SD4DNUMU

Claim your deal
  • I called Thursday or Friday (6/1 or 6/2).  After more than an hour on the phone explaining and re-explaining, the CSR told me that the systems were down and to call back in a few days.
  • I called back yesterday (6/6) and again went through more than 2 hours explaining.  The CSR told me that the offer had expired.  I told her that was quite upsetting as I had called and was told to call back -- now having obeyed, I am told the offer has expired.  It sounds very scam-ish.  I asked her to talk to her supervisor and she informed me that she had and that indeed the offer had expired.
  • I asked her for the best deal I could get on another Samsung phone and again waiting quite some time.  She came back and told me that we had 0 available for financing.  Again, I questioned it and was immediately transferred to a Credit Agency (I think it was Equifax).  The agency couldn't figure out why I called and in fact, I did not know either.
To say that we are dissatisfied is an understatement.  It seems that Xfinity was eager to bring us on but now has no concern about keeping us.

If you could assist in the matter, I would be grateful.

Thank you.

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

1 year ago

As many others have already found out, there is not necessarily any rhyme or reason as to how Xfinity determines your device credit limit, number of lines, or whatever.  XM’s hard coded computer systems don’t allow any CSR to do anything other than what we as users can do online. It’s not worth fighting. 

Just wait for possible future offers that don’t require device payment plans and transfer/porting of a phone number. 

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

1 year ago

Hi there! Our team is limited when it comes to Xfinity Mobile, but we can get you in the right direction. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a message, you must be signed in. Please click the envelope icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here