U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, October 1st, 2022 2:58 PM

Closed

Unlock my phone!

I have numerous requests in to unlock my phone, this needs to be done immediately!! 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I have not seen a CLEAR Disclosure on your website NOR was I EVER notified that my device was eligible to be unlocked.   
doesn’t seem legal to me! 

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

Hi, thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Forums. Please contact our Xfinity Mobile experts for assistance.

https://comca.st/3C72a8W

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

Criteria for unlocking your phone

If you need to unlock your Xfinity Mobile phone, so it can be used with another wireless carrier, no problem.

Here are some requirements to be aware of:

• The phone must be fully paid off.
  • At least 60 days must have passed since the phone was activated.
  • Your Xfinity Mobile account cannot have a past-due balance.
  • The phone cannot be reported lost, stolen or involved in fraudulent activity.
  • The phone cannot be active on another Xfinity Mobile account.
  • Only an account holder, Primary user or Manager may request to have the phone unlocked.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

77 Messages

2 years ago

Two weeks and counting for my fully paid off device to be unlocked.  I posted a length diatribe about my experience earlier today.  I see other complaints about the very same problem.   [Edited: "Solicitation"]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I wish I would have researched this sooner, otherwise I wouldn't have purchased a new phone a few months ago, knowing that I would be relocating and thus terminating the service.  Right now I am without a phone because I had to shut the service down due to a move.  They told me that the unlock would only take about thirty minutes and I received the email stating such but the device never unlocked and now I am on day 4 without a phone.  The phone is completely paid off, my balance is completely paid off.  After speaking with two representatives and getting nowhere I am now shopping for a new phone with a new carrier though the device currently in my possession belongs to me... yet I cannot use it.  My desperation has lead me down a rabbit hole of device unlocking websites which may or may not be legitimate and so i have decided to not make any moves.  Some clear direction would be nice but all I see in this forum are people stating the same story without any new information.  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_579a3f. I am sorry to hear about your experience and want to do what we can to help. I recommend calling on one more time and asking them to put in a ticket. You can also try our cat assistant on our support site. https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support  If you speak to agents on both of those options and don't get results, let us know here. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here