U

Monday, October 16th, 2023 11:36 PM

Closed

Unlock my PAID OFF phone

I WANT A REFUND 

my phone was paid off, I took it into apple apple replace the old phone. I asked Xfinity to update IMEI number and unlock the new phone. 
I have been dealing with this for MONTHS. I even went in to the Xfinity store the Xfinity in person agent couldn’t get help from their OWN TECH TEAM right in front of me. 
I called and a stayed on the phone for 2 hours with an agent just to end up right BACK where I started!!! 
no updated IMEI and the phone is still locked!!!! 
I demand a refund right now. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

11 months ago

Hello, @user_91jodh. Thank you for reaching out to us over our Xfinity Community Forums. We are a bit limited when it comes to assisting our Xfinity Mobile customers over social media or Community Forums due to security, and authentication requirements. 

Have you tried the steps outlined in this article? How do I unlock my Xfinity Mobile phone?

If you are still having a concern, I recommend reaching out to the Xfinity Mobile Team again for assistance. You can contact our Xfinity Mobile support center via any of the following methods:

• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
Xfinity Mobile Website
• Direct Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

5 Messages

11 months ago

Yes I have done this for MONTHS!!!!  And from what I’m seeing in the posts this is not a UNCOMMON issue. 
Why does Xfinity do this the customers? 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_91jodh Thank you for letting us know you have tried all the steps outlined. We can send your information over to the Xfinity Mobile team for further investigation. Please send us a direct message, so we can gather some additional details from you. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

161 Messages

11 months ago

Wait a minute... so you had an iPhone from Xfinity, you took it to Apple and they replaced it? Because if that's accurate, only Apple can unlock that phone. You need to bring it to Apple, and have them replace it again. Xfinity sure isn't gonna give you a refund for a phone that's already paid off, not to mention the phone you have in your possession is not even the phone you paid for.  It might be the same make and brand but it is not the same phone. Carriers can only unlock a phone that you have paid for and that's attached your account. 

5 Messages

thanks so much for your input. However, Apple does not lock phones. It is their policy not to lock phones

5 Messages

@tuffigirl​ 

Oh great awesome sauce then why does the phone say locked with Xfinity listed 

1 Message

7 months ago

This is happening to me now! They deactivated my lines. Then I asked them to unlock my phone that I have already paid off, and became BYOD, I purchased the phone through them and now denying that I did. But Carrier says SIM LOCK. Now, I am trying to have a working phone and will not unlock the Carrier so I can use my phone!! How is this fair???? 

5 Messages

I literally had to take the phone back to Apple and tell them what Xfinity was doing. They had to then change my plan and give me a new phone through AT&T. That is the actual resolution do not buy phones from Xfinity. That is what I learned

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

Hello @user_diazrd ! If you believe there to be an error in the process of getting the phone unlocked we would be more than happy to help facilitate contact with our XFINITY Mobile team. Please send a direct message to us by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your full name and complete street address to get started. Thanks!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here