U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, February 11th, 2024 11:33 PM

trying to get more info about mobile service after potentially getting misleading info from customer service reps

Hello,

I recently changed my cable/internet/phone plan to a 1 year contract and was told by a customer service rep that I could get a mobile line for free if I switched from my current carrier (this was over the phone).  I said I would think about it, and then I contacted Xfinity a few weeks later (via chat).  This customer service rep said the same thing.  I would bring my own phone so there would not be a contract.

However, after seeing some examples on this forum of people being misled (changing over and then getting charged after being told they would not get charged), I am now skeptical of this deal.  Here is another thread: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/plan/two-different-xfinity-representatives-lied-to-me-about-adding-a-free-line-to-my-account/65c03b2261dd3a25f370703e

So, can someone help me figure out if this deal is real or not and what the details are?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

615 Messages

6 months ago

@user_48c948 Hello, I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here