U

Monday, February 5th, 2024 1:34 AM

Closed

Two different Xfinity representatives lied to me about adding a free line to my account

I had two Xfinity representatives on two different occasions lie To me about adding a free line to my existing account. I have been with Xfinity for 8 to 9 years and when going over my account one day the representative who said he worked there for 18 years, And had a last name of [Edit: Personal Information].  I cannot remember. He said he could get me a free line added to my account if I switched my phone carrier to theirs. It sounded too good to be true but he swore up and down that I could add a line for free unlimited and if I wanted to add a second one, it would only be an additional $15. Being skeptical, and sounding too good to be true, I did not go through with it. I was very close, but decided to look into it farther and call Again and talk to a different Rep. The next, who is a woman I cannot remember her name told me the same thing. Yes, I could add an Unlimited phone line for free to my account. After confirming it with two different representatives, I decided it had to be true and maybe there was just better deals out and since I’ve been there so long, they were giving me a good deal! I ordered the Sim card. When it arrived. I waited till my next day off, which is Sunday I work six days a week, I decided to transfer from my T-Mobile account Whom I have been with for 9 to 10 years to Xfinity. Everything went as planned until the next morning. I checked my Xfinity app and seen that I was paying 45 and some change for this Unlimited phone line. I was outraged. I called, and after two hours of being on the phone and finally making my way up to a supervisor they are looking into the calls since they say every phone call is recorded to find the two calls where the representatives told me I could get the phone line added for free. I totally feel like I was tricked into Dropping T-Mobile and getting a line with Xfinity. The supervisor said there was nothing he could do for me until they looked through the phone calls, and That Could take up to two weeks. I asked the supervisor how often they are able to find recorded calls from customers and he said they usually Find The recorded calls. Although I feel like next time I hear from them they are just going to tell me that they could not find the recorded calls or they even mentioned something about those two representatives losing their job for lying to me. I don’t want anybody to lose their job, I just want what was promised to me from two different representatives at two different times. I would have never switched over to an Xfinity Phone line I thought it was free. Now I’m paying five dollars more a month. They Totally scammed me and lied to me. I honestly can’t Believe that they can get away with stuff like this! If this phone line does not get added for free, like promised, I will drop my Internet service from Xfinity and drop my phone service as well and never use them again. I will also recommend To anybody I meet Not to use Xfinity. 

1 Message

7 months ago

Sadly, I experienced almost the same.

I was abroad for quite a long time and asked to pay a minimum fee to keep my mobile numbers, telling them I would not use the number or the data for month.

Checking my bills I noticed that they billed me for month and month as if I would use this lines.

I reached out to xfinity and had an hour long call with an agent who promised me a refund.

He promised to get this done but nothing happens, again.

I will from now on only communicate via my gmail but I am deeply disappointed and feel neglected as a long time customer.

Nobody really cares and I am left alone with this problem.

If anybody has the email of the CEO, Mr Tom Karinshak, please tell me since I am sure that he doesn’t like this kind of

service.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, @user_dbk6ew. This is definitely the type of experiencing we would like any one of our customers to have, especially when they're traveling abroad. I would be more than happy to review your account to see if I can find any information regarding this refund you were promised.

In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

160 Messages

7 months ago

I have repeated this on this forum so many times I'm a broken record... NEVER EVER EVER believe the customer service people! They shouldn't even be called that, they should be called what they really are... [Edited: Inflammatory]. The only legit offers are the ones on the website... but in this case it IS partially on the website. There is NO getting a 2nd line for 15 bucks, it's buy one line of Unlimited and get a 2nd line free. The only thing you're getting for 15 bucks is the By the Gig plan. You need to submit a dispute with Xfinity Mobile at https://www.xfinity.com/nod and [Edited: "Soliciting"]

And since I'm here passing out advice, I'm gonna repeat something else. While legitimate offers are online, don't order online unless you don't have a choice. Go to the store and buy your device because you can only return it to the store if you buy it there. If you buy something online and you want to return it, chances are high they'll say it's damaged when you do. 

(edited)

3 Messages

One thing I did notice is they have over 25k complaints on the BBB but still have a A+ rating so that told me that they resolve all of their BBB complaints. I used every word they would allow to tell my story how I was completely lied to. Long story short a lady called the next day to resolve my issue, she found the phone call with the second Lady I spoke with and heard the whole conversation. How the lady completely and totally lied to me about the free phone. So they credited me $1035 and my first months bill I already paid to make it right. They actually made it right and did what they said they were goning to do. Only it’s sad that it took so much complaints and reviews and calls. Someone else not as determined would have just given up and just stuck with the new plan of $45 a month. I am at least happy with this resolution and I encourage anybody that has had any issue like this to take the complaint to the better Business Bureau. They will resolve it so they can keep the A+ rating. After my credit has been used i will still be switching phones services and internet because it’s the principle that they lied to me and what I had to go through for them to make it right still gives me a sour taste and makes me want to switch still after my 2 years of free phone service is used up.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

7 months ago

Thanks for posting on our community forums to let us know about your situation, @user_8xhqny. I sincerely apologize for what happened with the agents over the phone. This is not the experience we would like you to have. Did you hear back from the supervisor? 

3 Messages

7 months ago

No I am waiting to hear back from them now, I’m am so upset with this I have considered contacting my lawyer and having him help get the recorded lines pulled! I truly feel like when I get the call from Xfinity they are going to give me some kind of excuse of why the phone calls can’t be found. If they do not honor what two separate employees told me, I will cancel everything I pay for through Xfinity since I have been a long time customer going on 1 years. I will find a different cell phone carrier and internet service and never give Xfinity another dime for the rest of my life. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

7 months ago

Thanks for the update, @user_8xhqny. I understand your frustration. I would feel the same way. Since you are already working with our support team, we'll give them a chance to get back to you. However, I'd like to keep an eye on the situation to make sure the issue is fully resolved. Could you please send our team a Direct Message with your name and service address? Our team can take a further look and follow up on this.

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I had an agent on the phone tell me the same thing.  I also thought it was too good to be true and a week later, chatted with an agent online who said the same thing.  Basically, I could an unlimited line for free with my current plan.  Has there been a resolution to this?  I was just about to make the switch of my phone over to Xfinity so it'd be good to know if this was a complete lie.

1 Message

4 months ago

Same here.. I called in for help because I was having a hard time affording my plan, and they told me they would get me a better plan and I would save save almost $30 a month, not only did that not happen but the plan they put me on was actually $26 and more a month. It was very deceitful and a ploy to get me into a different contracted term. I called to cancel a new plan and they tried to sell me on an even better one that would save me money but it lowered my speed and I only saved a dollar... So I instructed them to please put me back on the plan I had for the past several years. I will watch my bill closely. And if anything is different than what I used to have, I will be going with another provider. I've been an Xfinity customer for over a decade.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@user_oh6dch Welcome to our community forum! I want to make sure you're getting the pricing you were promised. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here