U

Friday, September 8th, 2023 5:46 PM

Closed

Trades

I recently went through trade in process. Support asked for imei and other info from cell

Phone is in excellant condition  but failed to qualify for tradin because of Make/Model Mismatch. How does assurant make this determination. 

Support chat could not explain. 

Samsung GALAXY S8 PLUS was purchased from xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

Hey @user_9cc5ce, thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. From the sound of it, it may be listed incorrectly in our system or Assurant's. You mentioned you already reached out to chat for help. Have you tried calling our Xfinity Mobile team at 888-936-4968?

3 Messages

@XfinityNicolas​ 

I have spent hours on the phone.

They just say phone not qualified. 

Yesterday they disconnectrd from chat.

I recieved email from comcast after getting the cell from assurant. Receipt in box has no explanations. So i call xfinity support. They had no explanation. They told me to call assurant.

People and support needs to know Assurant does not take calls for trade-in and their chat says they do not have anything to do with tradein. 

Support qualified the order prior to me purchasing.

This upgrade was a total nitemare even before this trade-in issue. 

If i call support again what do i tell them they dont already know.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_9cc5ce,  Due to account security, we are limited on access to your Xfinity Mobile Account here on Social Media and we do recommend reaching out to our experts to ensure your concern is resolved. You can reach them by texting or calling 1 (888) 936-4968. You can also chat with an expert here https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile. That being said, I would also recommend going by one of our Xfinity Stores where they might be able to help with this issue. I have found that they are very helpful in the stores when it comes to our mobile service. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here