U

Saturday, September 14th, 2024 4:56 AM

Trade-In SCAM Again

I have been a loyal XM customer for years, and this experience is completely unacceptable.

I received a trade-in offer of $350 for iPhone 15 recently, applied over two years toward an upgrade. I followed through with the offer, mailing in the old phone as instructed.

But my old phone, which was received in LEWISVILLE, TX 75067 on August 13, 2024, 7:56 pm has been nothing but a nightmare.

Despite the phone being received, the "check trade-in status" page never showed the phone as shipped, and after countless calls to customer service and hours of wasted time, I keep getting the same empty responses: "Your case has been escalated," and "You'll receive an update from our back office team." Yet, the only update I’ve received is that my trade-in has been CANCELLED.

XM has effectively stolen my iPhone SE 2 and is charging me the full retail price for an iPhone 15 that should have been discounted.

This is nothing short of fraud. If this issue isn’t resolved immediately, I will be filing formal complaints with the BBB, FTC, and my credit card company every month that I am not billed the correct amount as per the trade-in offer I was promised.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

20 days ago

Greetings, @user_4gb4z6! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your trade-in, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

1 Message

20 days ago

It’s helpful to be cautious before accepting the trade-in offer I'm currently considering. Thanks.

1 Message

20 days ago

Good call not to even consider the trade-in option, as many have reported [Edited: Inflammatory] related to it in the forums.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here