U

Sunday, September 24th, 2023 7:57 PM

Closed

Tp-link Archer Ax55 not activating

I currently have a netgear c7000 modem that I was trying to replace with the Tp-link archer ax55. I have coax running through my house so I also bought moca 2.0 adapters to convert the cables into Ethernet for my tp-link router. I got the adapters to work and the router set up but when I try to activate it via Xfinity app it’s not working. 
The tp link has the moca plugged into a LAN port (i tried it on wan, gave a red like for internet and also didn’t activate) and the power plugged in. My router is connected to my coax cable and landline. Any way to get my router activated??

I also have the other moca adapter located upstairs(router and everything else is downstairs) and I plan to put a deco x20 up there for back haul. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 year ago

... netgear c7000 modem that I was trying to replace with the Tp-link archer ax55 ...

I'm not sure I understand this, but if you are trying to replace a modem with a router which has no modem component, that won't work.

What are you trying to accomplish exactly?

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Hey there @user_10f951 thank you so much for using our Forums to contact our Xfinity Support Team. You came to the right place for help and we are here to get your new equipment activated. To get started we are going to need you to send us a direct message with your full name and address. Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here