U

Saturday, February 24th, 2024 12:47 AM

Closed

Terrible Injustice to Elderly Client - Thanks [Edited] and the Xfinity Team

So here is the [Edited: "Language"] thing ever.  After taking over my Mom's finances about a year ago as she had to move into a home, I canceled every account she had, to include xfinity services.  A year later I get a notice from a collection agency saying she owed Xfinity 200+ for xfinity mobile.  After spending about 2.5 hours on the phone with xfinity today, I asked to speak to a manager and was put on hold for about 15 minutes - and was then sent directly to the collection agency, NOT to a manager.  How terrible this is, to be treated like this when trying to resolve an issue for a confused elderly person.  Xfinity could not verify that the account was actually cancelled - nor could they verify why it wasn't canceled when all other services were canceled, which is why I asked to get clarification from a Manager.  So here's to your hypocrisy, [Edited: "Personal Information"], who says publicly, "We have a dedicated team of employees across the country working hard every day to make sure we deliver the superior experience you deserve. We are here for you".  Nope, Tom - you and your team are not here for us, or for an 83 year old confused customer.  

Official Employee

• 

959 Messages

4 months ago

@user_tl209e Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. Thank you for sharing your expierence with us. We are happy to assist you further. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message":
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

3 Messages

Hello, I will send a direct message now.

Official Employee

• 

968 Messages

Hello @user_tl209e, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.

We have a specialized team of experts that are able to assist our Xfinity Mobile customers. That team can be reached at 1 (888) 936-4968 via text message and over the phone. If you'd rather chat with a Mobile expert online, that can be done through this link comca.st/3G78PAk. Here's a link to our Xfinity Mobile website https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support.We know our customers are the best part of Xfinity and appreciate you taking the time to give us the opportunity to help.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

So just to close the loop - you are not going to do anything regarding the erroneous Xfinity billing related to my 83 year old mother, except send me to another Xfinity location?  This will be the fourth time I am redirected - you are all under the Xfinity umbrella, correct? 

Official Employee

• 

605 Messages

@user_tl209e, thank you for following up on this. As we mentioned a few hours back you would need to get in touch with the Xfinity Mobile team directly to address the Xfinity Mobile account.

We truly do appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

4 months ago

The information on my account is wrong and I've tried to contact them to fix it but nothing has been done. Now because of the discrepancy I am ineligible for an upgrade. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. I have been an internet customer for over ten years and an Xfinity mobile customer for six years. This is how they treat their customers. 
[Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Greetings, @user_p1hrp4! Thank you for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues updating the information on your account, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here