U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, May 27th, 2022 3:43 AM

Closed

Still waiting for $200 BYOD promotion after bringing in 4 lines in December/January

Xfinity Mobile was offering "Switch and Receive $200 Prepaid Card" between last December through January 10th 2022. I brought in four lines during that period and the incentive was shown when ordering the SIM cards. The incentives were initially shown on the Comcast Xfinity Incentives (xfinityincentivetracker.com) in February/March. However, in April I noticed the pending incentive just disappeared on the tracker. I didn’t receive any communication about this. I submitted an inquiry at Xfinity Contact portal but got no response. Then, on April 18th or 19th, I called Xfinity incentive line (1-800-526-3268) and a case ticket was created. I was told to expect their response via email in about 7 to 14 days. Since I didn’t get any response after the waiting period, I contacted that line for an update and I was told to wait and contact them again if I don’t hear anything in a couple of days. This kind of conversation has happened for a couple of time. It has been six weeks since the ticket was created. Not to mention how long I had to wait each time for them to call back. This is an awful tactic that I would never expect from Xfinity. I have been with Xfinify Internet for almost a decade.

Problem Solver

• 

385 Messages

2 years ago

Hi there @user_6f039d! Thank you for contacting our team of experts here on our Forums page. I hope you are having a relaxing weekend! I am sad to read you have been waiting for a response in regard to a ticket created about our gift card promotion. We are more than happy to help and get you taken care of.  

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityKrystal​ , thanks for the follow-up. Moments ago, I followed your instruction and provided my information to "Xfinity Support" via "Direct Message". Please let me know if you haven't received it or you need additional information. Thank you. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I am having the same problem. The xfinity incentive tracker mysteriously disappeared and now they are claiming no such offer exists? This seems unethical and a bait and switch. I will probably take my business back to Verizon if not resolved. 

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

Thank you for reaching out to me today, @user_5139bc . My name is Kim.  I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at https://comca.st/3OrAIb4 where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Ditto to above.. still waiting for $200 promotion per line, 4 lines were transferred 4/20/22.. I have been following up with Xfinity Mobile at the store asking and on the xfinity mobile customer service line. I was told by several cs reps. in store and on phone that promotional credits for transferring lines would be available in 90 days. Still no-one at xfinity mobile knows anything. Manager at Xfinity mobile retail store said to use the word "escalate" at the 1800-526-3268. No record found. Also, the manager at store said there was no promotion for transferring line and I didn't understand about promotion, yet she told us to call the above number and "escalate". On 4/20/22, I asked sales rep. for documentation on promotion, said it was all emailed to me but nothing about transfer of lines. Manager of store says we don't document promotions.

This is not right and will follow-up with letters about not delivering as promised.

Problem Solver

• 

409 Messages

Hello there, and good afternoon! Thank you for helping us understand the situation in further detail, and for your patience while awaiting our response.

I'm just checking in to make sure that progress has been made on the situation at hand. Can you please share an update with me, at your earliest convenience? Thank you in advance, and I hope your Monday has been off to a great start! 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

The same for me. I transferred to xfinity to get the Boyd 200$ promotional offer in April. 90days has passed and the offer status suddenly disappeared from my incentiveTracker.  

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_69d2a9​ 

I've been waiting months and no cards.  Many chats and phone calls.  I was told to go to the local store and pick up my cards.  Hahaha.  They lie each time I speak with them.  It is a scam. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have been waiting for my prepaid card. I was told since I activated on Jan 13 that I was not eligible. However I did the transaction Dec 30 and did not get the SIM card to activate until around that time. But it should not even matter since I did the byod within the promotional period. Now I have. a ticket number and hope they get back to me. I have already been given the run around for a couple months now. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_1d07ec. Thanks for your patience looking into your Visa. Let us know if you would like us to investigate the ticket. Send a DM with your name and address. 

Make sure you are signed into forums

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon(direct message) near the bell icon. 2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

2. Hit the compose button to the right of "conversations"

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same. We switched to Xfinity mobile on the promise of $200 BYOD. Now we're being told that promo wasn't active in the period we signed up. I remember we only did it because it was the last day of the promo. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_9d842b​ 

I've been waiting months and no cards.  Many chats and phone calls.  I was told to go to the local store and pick up my cards.  Hahaha.  They lie each time I speak with them.  It is a scam. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I have the same problem with offer on Feb 2022, and it was there https://xfinityincentivetracker.com/status before and it mention it will ship in 7-14 days when I check on June/July, now the information is gone, not show up anymore, call multiple time and log multiple tickets and escalation, pass a month and still not resolved.

The latest I got if I understand correctly, for BYOD devices offer, the devices cannot be on xfinity system before, I bring in devices 6s, 7 and 8+ which are 4-5 years ago when it was in their system.  Is that truth? I didn't see those statement on BYOD $200 offer.

[Edited: "Solicitation"]

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

Thank you for the details @user_f5ad49. This sounds like a frustrating situation. I would be happy to investigate this further for you. We certainly want to make sure you get the gift cards, if your phones are eligible. Can you send us a private message with your full name, name of account holder (if different) and service address? To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”. We look forward to hearing from you!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same here. My fiancé signed up for xfinity early last year and we received the gift card for that promotion. Then there was another one that we were told we’d receive when I was added to the plan in June 2021. I’ve inquired about it in the past and was told it would be on the way soon. Then I’m December there was a bring your own device promo that should have got us another gift card so we added another line for my son before the promo ended. I’ve checked the incentive tracker website several times since then. It was on there every single time I checked and it said that it was pending.  Now I check and neither of the incentives are on there. The last time I checked a couple months ago, it still showed the one I should’ve received for joining in June 2021 and it also had the newest one I should’ve received for the BYOD promo in December. It’s like it just disappeared. So frustrated with xfinity. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us about the gift cards, @Abradney1! Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. I want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at https://comca.st/3rlgcyY where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Going through the same issue on my end as well, it's been over 3 months and now I'm told that the offer didn't exist for me.

Basically, I was lied to as a customer to get me to sign up for Xfinity Mobile.

This could very well be a legal matter if it doesn't get resolved appropriately. If it isn't resolved I'll also be switching phone carriers.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@pilotraider​, talking to Xfinity and rebate center is completely useless and waste of time since they don’t care much.  I finally got my problem resolved in a week and got my Visa card in the mail in few weeks after file a detail complaint on BBB, I didn’t even believe they call me next day after I file complaint on BBB, Xfinity assigned dedicated person to get my problem resolved. I suggest anyone want to get their problem resolved file a complaint to BBB.

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@pilotraider I'm truly sorry to hear that you haven't received a gift card that was included as part of your offer. I'm happy to take a look and help with finding a resolution. Please send us a direct message to "Xfinity Support" with your full name and address to get started.

To send a direct message you may need to:
Click "Sign In"
Click the "direct message" icon
Click the "New message" (message) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Same. I signed up in June and was offered the $200 BYOD. They told me I would get 3 $200 gift cards after 90 days for bringing my own devices. I specifically left my old carrier because this was a great offer. Today they told me that the offer didn't exist or already expired. That is not true as they still had it advertised on their website and I had specifically inquired about the offer and it was supposed to be given to me. 

I will be filing a lawsuit for misleading and false advertising to consumers. This is illegal.  Hopefully they make this right and give all the people promised, their gift cards. 

I have reported to my AG, the BBB, and the FTC!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

The scam continues into late 2022.  I was told by two agents that I would receive a $200 gift card for each line I transferred. We transferred 5 lines around August 2 and activated the devices o/a August 5 .

I received a gift card earlier this week for HALF the amount. I called in and the agent confirmed  that there was a $200 reward at that time. She transferred me to the rewards people to resolve. Rewards told me $200 offer was not effective at the time I signed up. They suggested that I call the general number again to speak with a supervisor. I spent the next hour or so on hold or trying to speak with someone. Finally someone informed me that I could not get a supervisor at this number, however he took my info and said I would be called in the next 24-48 hours. It didn't happen. 

So I would like to be contacted to resolve this injustice. I am not going away!!

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

@user_cc45ea

I would be happy to look into this for you. Since this is for your personal account, could you please send us a direct message with your full name and address? To send a direct message, please click that "chat" icon in the upper right, next click on the pen/pad icon, and last select Xfinity Support. Thank you. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_cc45ea​ 

I've been waiting for months and no cards.  Many chats and phone calls.  I was told to go to the local store and pick up my cards.  Hahaha.  They lie each time I speak with them.  It is a scam. 

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

IM GOING THRU THIS EXACT SAME ISSUE!!!!

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

The whole thing is a scam.  I have been told many things on chat and on the phone.  If I hear one more time "I understand and I will resolve this issue."  Or some other cliche I will scream.  I was actually told to go to the local Xfinity store and pick up the cards.  When I called they laughed at me.  I have copies of the chats I had with the lies.  

Official Employee

• 

232 Messages

This thread has been closed due to age. If you need support for this or a similar issue please create another post and we would be happy to help. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here