R2daR's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Saturday, July 1st, 2023 5:59 PM

Closed

SIM Unlock status

I have spoken to multiple Xfinity mobile support agents as well as visited an Xfinity store over the past several days in an attempt to get my phone unlocked for use with an ESIM when I travel overseas next week. Xfinity has assured me twice that the unlock request has been submitted and that the phone "will be unlocked within 24-48 hours." This has not happened. Can someone at Xfinity support let me know definitively the status of my unlock request?

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

1 year ago

My experience with several iPhones is that they were unlocked anywhere from within 2 hours to 4 days. I don’t recall ever being notified, rather I just periodically did a power off power on and then checked the Settings, General, About, Carrier Lock, until it said “No SIM Restrictions”. 

More info: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/eligible-to-unlock-phone

Good Luck!

Regular Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@DaveO3​ : I appreciate your suggestion. I just tried that to no avail but will try again later tonight to see if Xfinity have finally done their job. 

Regular Visitor

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

SIM is still locked 🙄. Xfinity does not come through when I really needed them. Completely garbage service and support: how hard can it be to perform a software unlock of a phone? I have brushed off my old iPhone 6 and hope I can use it with a physical SIM when I land on the ground overseas. 

Official Employee

• 

922 Messages

@R2daR Hello there. I can check and see if there is a status on your case and make sure things are moving in the right direction. Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include the case number if you have one, your full name and complete street address. Thanks!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here