user_m13rju's profile

Monday, April 29th, 2024 10:00 PM

Scammed overpaying for phone data

Xfinity Community Forum

Scammed with Xfinity Mobile

I am writing to clarify my dispute request regarding the overcharges on my previous Xfinity mobile account. In april 2024,(333$)  a new mobile account for $15 a month, which would help me save on my total phone monthly bill seeing that I only use the home and work internet 

However, after a few months, I was surprised to discover that I was being charged over $400 per month instead of the expected $15. Xfinity claimed that I had used data over the limit, but this was a scam.

there was no need for me to use Xfinity internet if I had unlimited date home and at work

I contacted Xfinity multiple times to resolve this issue, but they did nothing. One time, their manager said just pay it in payments, another time they said they had no authority, and yet another time they said they would remove the charges but never did these charges and refunded me part of the amount, Xfinity is still insisting on these 

Xfinity has wasted my time and caused me a great deal of stress considering changing providers loosing loyal customers here

Problem Solver

• 

751 Messages

20 days ago

You didn’t say how much data your phone (or phones) showed that it or they were actually using? There are several things that you can do that will limit your cellular data usage:

1.) Turn on airplane mode, and just use WiFi for your data, and WiFi Calling for phone and text. Of course you will need to be connected to acceptable WiFi networks at home and work. Probably too radical?

2.) If you want to use your phone when you are out and about, then airplane mode is not really the answer, however you should be able to limit data usage by disabling cellular data for all of the apps except the few that you are okay with

3.) If you have a WiFi Assist option, turn it off

Furthermore, search you phone settings and find which Apps are using your data. Be aware that on XM a few things such as visual voicemail and MMS count as data whether using cell towers or WiFi Calling. You are never charged for calls or SMS. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

19 days ago

Hey there, user_m13rju, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your Xfinity Mobile issues. We would send email notifications to you when you are nearing, reached, and exceeded the data limits of your plan to ensure that you are aware of your usage. I would recommend following the steps mentioned above to ensure that your phone is not using data without you knowing. Here is a helpful article with more information regarding tracking your data, https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/how-to-track-data-usage-by-the-gig. Let us know if you have any additional questions regarding data plans.  

3 Messages

i was checking every day y wholed i want to pay $300 for data?? the GB just skyrocket in a couple of day

Official Employee

• 

959 Messages

user_m13rju Thank you for clarifying the concern. I'm happy to look closer into your dispute, and provide you with any updated progress. To get started, can you please send a Direct Message with your name, the service address, the mobile number associated with your account, and any ticket numbers you may have? 

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here