E

Monday, December 11th, 2023 11:26 PM

Closed

Scammed into a new line and phone

I wanted to add a line for our son from Verizon and give him a Christmas present of the new iPhone he wanted as a gift.  The phone is sitting wrapped waiting to be activated with his transfer number. He does not want a new number. Xfinity says no problem.  Cool. My daughter wants a new iPhone and is eligible for an early upgrade. We are told we have to go into the store for this. We go to the store and the employee there tells me that she can't upgrade and that i needed to pay an additional payment on my husband's phone. What? Ok and then come back in a few days and get the upgrade. I have enough credit to pay for the phone. But what? So I leave and call Xfinity and talk with customer service who say this is incorrect and that she is eligible for the upgrade. But we can do this better deal where we add a line, and then trade the old iPhone in and get the device credit and switch her number to the new phone and then deactivate the other line. Sounds crazy but I'm reassured this is really actually simple and the best way to get the promotion.  Alright..... I'm so frustrated by now. But she again reassures me this is the best plan. So we order the new iPhone and when it gets here I'm on the phone for over an hour to activate it and then deactivate the line and in the meantime I'm waiting for the return label to send the old phone in to get the device credit. After an hour and 20 min on the phone she is unable to transfer the number and i must go into the store. I'm asking multiple times when i go on they'll know exactly what's going on and this is no problem? Yep, no problem at all. And trade in the old iPhone for the device credit. I'm on my way. I get there and just as i expected these people have no idea what's going on. Will not help me. In the meantime I've paid off my daughter's old iPhone in full they won't take the phone the promotion is over and they finally make calls and get the line transferred to the new phone and tell me not to deactivate the new line and to wait a few days. In the while I'm there I'm looking at the app and i see the phone for my son that is under the tree is ACTIVATED! Activated with a random number that we didn't want! No one will say they activated the line. No one in the store no one on the phone. Just mysteriously this line is activated and not with the binder transfer. I'm blown away. Literally blown away. The store employees tell me not to worry and to come back when my son gets into town and they'll transfer the number. The phone is going to charge for a month we didn't need. I have another line i never needed getting charged to me.  I called the next day and could not get through to anyone. I want to file s report. I finally get some secret code to contact a person and talk w 2 people who finally the "supervisor" tells me mail in the old iPhone and when they receive it I'll get a credit of $349 plus the line will deactivate. It should arrive there in 2 days. So we will see. I'm looking at a bill now of 300 dollars! The one for next month is 300 dollars! I'm livid. This is the most joke customer service I've ever experienced. Reading through these forums I'm seeing a pattern. After 4 years of being a loyal customer I'm so disappointed for it to be going down like this. I'm locked in and not sure what to do. Xfinity customer service is no help. I'm waiting to see what happens in 2 data with the old phone and what happens on Saturday when we take my son's phone in to transfer the number. His phone and my daughter's phone are supposed to be on promotion and they're not. Charging me the full amount. I want to file a formal complaint. I am considering filing a police report. I see other people on here doing the same. I just want to talk to a real person. I want to know I'm not getting lied too and scammed. This is just disgusting 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

9 months ago

Something similar happened to me. 3 months now with no refund. 

They have this all planned out. The amount of time it takes to get a refund takes 20+ hours of grinding support. They know any rational person will eventually just take the loss. 

8 Messages

Absolutely disgusting 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @Efox717 thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your issue with Xfinity Mobile. We definitely want to get this resolved for you as this is not the customer experience we want you to have. Have you already been in contact with the Xfinity Mobile team through all of their methods of support? You can reach them at, 

SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

8 Messages

More times than you can imagine. 3 times into the store as well. No resolution at this time. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@Efox717 Sorry to hear that. Please send us a Direct Message with your name and address if we may assist with this. We look forward to your message. 

To start a Direct Message: Click "Sign in" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here