requa's profile

Contributor

• 

141 Messages

Monday, October 30th, 2023 9:23 PM

Closed

R.I.P. Xfinity Mobile app

I just got yet another email warning me that the Xfinity Mobile app is going away soon and prompting me to install the Xfinity app instead. This email added the detail that the Xfinity Mobile app may become unavailable as soon as November 2. This whole roll-out is troublesome to me in several ways:

1. I keep getting reminded of the upcoming demise of the Mobile app even though I installed the Xfinity app long ago, probably when I first switched to Xfinity Mobile as my carrier. There is no option to turn off the reminders or to confirm that I've already taken the necessary action, so I keep getting nagged. I will continue using the XM app as long as it exists because it is a simpler means of accessing and controling my mobile service, and because
  2. XM has a widget that shows my shared plan usage visually. I do not see any sign of such a widget associated with the Xfinity app, nor have I seen anything suggesting that one will exist. I've added a third-party data usage app with widgets on both of our phones and have been comparing its estimates with those of the XM widget. They are close but not always in sync, which makes sense because no third-party app can home to interpret the intricacies of what counts as usage and what doesn't in the eyes of the carrier. The XM widget itself is frustrating because
  3. Shared usage is only visible to the primary account holder. I don't get this, and it apparently will continue to be the case in the Xfinity app. This means if I am watching our shared usage and I see that we are getting close to the end of the plan month and end of the current data plan, I have to mention our status to my wife. No matter how I phrase it, this information comes across as if I am telling her to stop using data. I'm the bad guy again. Oh, well.

If the XM app is truly disappearing in 3 days or so, please confirm whether the Xfinity app will include the usage widget, and please consider adding an option to make shared data usage visible to all plan members.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

11 months ago

Thanks for posting on our community forums, @requa. That's a valid concern. To clarify, all Xfinity Mobile features and functionalities will be available in the Xfinity app as well. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I'm having an issue with shared info across the board on the same mobile account.  The store made a mistake and now my partner whom is not the account owner,  I am. He can see all my stuff.  This violates me enough to leave. 

I'm told there's ways to fix this.  It appears no one knows at Xfinity.  I'm being referred to Samsung.  Which they claim everything is uniquly wrong.  They don't know? BS. They know my partner on MY cell account can now see MY stuff. 

I feel completely VIOLATED BY XFINITY CAUSING THIS PROBLEM. I've made so many calls,  have several executive cases, they've closed on their end with a full paying customer of over 28 yrs never a late payment and they do this without verbalized or texting the users of samsung phones,  such a horrible experience so far. 

This is s BIG DEAL XFINITY.  You NEED to fix before a paying customer of over $300 a month leaves on a dime cuz they appear to not care. 

I followed all the instructions I've been given and it doesn't appear to work.  When we purchased these phones we should have been INFORMED Xfinity no longer supports Samsung.  No visual voicemail support on all 3 ends.  Xfinity customer service tried but referred me to Samsung, they said do this power off and on, put into safe mode,  to do whatever so I can't see or know the app that needs to be removed.  Well if I'm not aware this mobile cell plan partner is violating my account and I'm told there's fixes yet NO ONE AT EITHER PLACE KNOWS HOW TO FIX THERE VIOLATING ISSUE. 

I've tried 4+ different fixes that didn't work, except put me in safe mode and do what??.  The other person on my account can still read my text messages, get informed everytime I msg my mom, he violates me daily and Xfinity and samsung don't help. 

Sounds like this brand new purchase was a bad idea that i can't get out of.  Thanks for nothing Xfinity. 

Contributor

• 

141 Messages

11 months ago

Thanks for the reassurance, @XfinityDilary . I am not entirely convinced. The 11/2 date has come and gone. Xfinity Mobile still shows up in my list of apps, but clicking on it takes me to a screen that only allows me to install or launch the Xfinity app. I suppose I expected this much. I still have the Xfinity Mobile widget on my home screen that shows my shared plan data usage; clicking the widget takes me to the same options to get to the Xfinity app. I do not see any sign of a widget associated with the Xfinity app itself. As I see it, this means I need to keep the defunct Xfinity Mobile app installed if I want the widget, but the widget won't take me directly to my usage. It requires multiple taps to get to the Xfinity app, where I have to search for the more detailed breakdown of usage or the option to change my monthly plan. Yes, the stuff is in there. In my view, this is a step backward, and I don't know whether the defunct Xfinity Mobile app will be around much longer or will receive any updates. I had hoped the widget would at least get transferred over to the Xfinity app. As it stands, notwithstanding your reassurance, I have already lost the functionality of the Xfinity Mobile app that allowed me to jump easily from the widget to the data and settings underlying that widget. I'll keep hoping.

Dan

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@requa I can understand your concerns with the Xfinity app. It will have all the features, and you will also be able to use the online portal as well. The mobile started it's retirement on 11/2 and will complete throughout the next couple of weeks.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

141 Messages

9 months ago

Now the Xfinity Mobile widget appears truly to be dead. The widget is still on my home screen displaying the message "Log into Xfinity Mobile to access your data usage." Tapping the widget takes me to a sign-in screen that then edirects me to another screen proclaiming "This app is no longer in use" and prompting me to download the Xfinity app (which I have had all along). There is still no widget associated with the Xfinity App, and the Xfinity Mobile app is not functional. Multiple representatives have reassured me here and in other threads that all funcitonality will be preserved, but that is incorrect. There is no widget that I can find that displays my data usage. Opening the Xfinity app and pulling up the data usage screen is not the same functionality as having a readily viewable summary on my home screen. Where is my widget? I am currently using a third-party app and widget, but would prefer a native one to get a more accurate tally of Xfinity's tracking of my data usage, which does not always match exactly what the two phones on our plan are reporting.

Official Employee

• 

281 Messages

The mobile data usage widget was designed with the source being the Xfinity Mobile app. With the sunsetting of the app, the usage widget would have to be redesigned to work with the Xfinity App and that may be down the line but at this time it is not available. I'll be sure to take your feedback to our devs to ensure the requests and asks for the widget to return after the Mobile app sunsetting are heard.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

@XfinityXanadu​  I would also just like to add my name on there on the list of people that want the mobile data tracking widget for the Xfinity app.  I'm not sure why you guys would take away the mobile app and widget without a replacement.  It's definitely irritating.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same. Loss of the widget is extremely irritating. Inexcusable for Comcast not to have a replacement widget ready to go prior to sunsetting the XM app. Ridiculous...

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @justmatt76, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the app, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here