SgtHowl's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

23 Messages

Sunday, February 4th, 2024 9:31 PM

Preventing SIM Swapping Fraud

Does Xfinity offer any methods to help prevent SIM swapping fraud? For example, is it possible to assign a PIN to a mobile account to make it more difficult for a scammer to impersonate the true account owner?

Frequent Visitor

• 

23 Messages

3 months ago

I guess the lack of response means, no, there are no mechanisms in place to combat SIM swapping fraud. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@SgtHowl Hello, thanks for the post. Appreciate your patience while waiting for a reply. The Forum's is a place to not only work with Comcast employees, but also other customers that have gone through similar experiences and have a lot of knowledge on different aspects of our services. So that is the reason for the delay in our response.

Also, please know that sending unsolicited Direct Messages to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Community Forum, is a violation of Forum Guidelines. In the future we ask that you please find the most appropriate public board for your question type and post it there. If needed, we may invite you to send us a Direct Message. 

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform.

Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

• 

23 Messages

@XfinityJodie​ My apologies for sending an unsolicited chat message to Xfinity Support. I didn't realize that would be a violation of Forum Guidelines.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here