SgtHowl's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

24 Messages

Sunday, February 4th, 2024 9:31 PM

Preventing SIM Swapping Fraud

Does Xfinity offer any methods to help prevent SIM swapping fraud? For example, is it possible to assign a PIN to a mobile account to make it more difficult for a scammer to impersonate the true account owner?

Frequent Visitor

• 

24 Messages

4 months ago

I guess the lack of response means, no, there are no mechanisms in place to combat SIM swapping fraud. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@SgtHowl Hello, thanks for the post. Appreciate your patience while waiting for a reply. The Forum's is a place to not only work with Comcast employees, but also other customers that have gone through similar experiences and have a lot of knowledge on different aspects of our services. So that is the reason for the delay in our response.

Also, please know that sending unsolicited Direct Messages to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Community Forum, is a violation of Forum Guidelines. In the future we ask that you please find the most appropriate public board for your question type and post it there. If needed, we may invite you to send us a Direct Message. 

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform.

Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

• 

24 Messages

@XfinityJodie​ My apologies for sending an unsolicited chat message to Xfinity Support. I didn't realize that would be a violation of Forum Guidelines.

1 Message

24 days ago

I asked about this at my local store about 6 months ago and was told there were no additional mechanisms, and the calls that were related to getting a new SIM were handled by a subcontractor.  An opt in option for a separate PIN or password would be excellent. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

24 Messages

10 days ago

Here's what a Communities Manager just told me:

To address concerns about SIM swapping fraud with Xfinity Mobile, here are the safeguards that our company has implemented to help prevent such incidents:
1. **Enhanced ID Verification**: Xfinity Mobile has updated its ID verification process to be more consistent. This means that there are stricter and more uniform checks in place to verify the identity of individuals requesting a SIM swap.
2. **Restricted Authorization**: Authorized users and managers no longer have the ability to initiate a SIM swap. This measure limits the number of people who can request a SIM swap, reducing the risk of fraudulent activity.
3. **Increased Verification Requirements**: The overall verification process for the account holder has been strengthened. Now, additional verification steps are required, such as providing social security information and ID verification, before a SIM swap can be completed.
While these measures represent significant steps towards enhancing security, it’s important to stay vigilant and follow best practices, such as monitoring account activity and promptly reporting any suspicious actions to Xfinity Mobile support.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here