U

Sunday, August 20th, 2023 7:46 PM

Closed

Outage

As school has just started for my home...one day after, we experienced an outage. I could get no information on why the outage took OVER the 12 hours reported for service restoration. There was no way to talk to anyone.... no information on outage after that longer than that FALSE report time. How can anyone check alerts or status when you don't have internet, you sign up for text alerts and don't get them? I am furious over the HUGE LACK of customer care suffered by everyone whom went through this. LIFE depends on internet service, and this is not the 1970's and we still use land lines as the main option for life. Poor service PERIOD!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_69adcb, thanks for reaching out to share your experience and express your concerns. As someone that uses the internet for just about everything, I agree on how important it is to have a connection.

In most cases, when an unexpected interruption happens, our techs will provide an estimated time of repair. This typically means they have assessed what we believe is causing the interruption, and are providing a time frame on how long they expect the repairs to take. However, when unexpected interruptions happen, this can mean that we don't know the full scope of the issue until repairs start. When this happens, the original time estimate is extended based on the new findings, and will continue to be updated as things progress or new information is discovered. 

For the exact cause of the interruption, we actually have very limited information on the fine details, and most agents are provided with just an overview of what's causing the problem. So It's common for us to only see things like a down/damaged line, equipment failure, severe weather, etc. Rest assured, regardless of the cause, out teams will always work diligently until everyone is backing online ASAP. 

For staying updated on the time frames, the Xfinity app is the best place to check for updates. It's updated in real time by our fields techs. However, if you are in an area with low cell quality and unable to check the app, you can always call 1-800-Comcast (1-800-226-2278) and the IVR will be able to provide you with the most update information we have. 

2 Messages

@XfinityRyanE​ 

I called the customer service number and it gave me the option of getting outage info over the phone or by text or both. I got neither,and I drove to a place down the street in case the phone didn't want to work for texting. I called on the 1st night about 5 times and got nothing. When I called those 5 times I would get the same answer that customer service agents would not be able to get my service up any faster, and that I would get a call back on Monday starting between the hours of 8 a.m. to something p.m. So I got no answers PERIOD!

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

I'm sorry to hear that. All posted times are subject to change depending upon what our techs find so some may last longer than initially posted. If you have a smart phone with mobile service you can also check online at https://www.xfinity.com/support/status on your phone.

Are you still down?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

This is not a good answer ‘bot’ … a human will try to understand and help. Not helpful

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here