R

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, December 19th, 2021 10:04 PM

Closed

One Plus 9 5G

I purchased this phone from best buy on 12/18/2021 and to find out the phone calls  work and data work , but the text messaging to receive or send doesn't because of XM using 3G on Text Messaging , and it's not compatible with Xfinity mobile even though the phone is fully unlocked.  but the sim works on the phone  just not text messages , hopefully they have a solution for text messages to fix or update the XM Text message to it's current standard 5g and not 3G text !! Data works because I added a com cast apn I found on Google to make data work. I even called Xfinity to add my one Plus 9 to my line and they said it wasn't compatible on Xfinity mobile but when I use my sim everything works but text message.

The One Plus 9 uses Google messages for text messages app and Im Currently on Os Android 11 

Leave any help suggestions thank you !!!

Will update once I get the solution to my problem!!!!!

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

To get Google messages to work with Xfinity Mobile on One Plus 9 5G(128gb model) just update your phone to OS 12 , it fixes the problem and plus you get the latest Android software Color Os

If you don't see updates , go on YouTube and download the update and install manually! The stable current release of Os 12 is C.69

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Have the same problem with Oneplus 8T here. OxygenOS 12 is not available for Oneplus 8T yet. Any other solution to solve this issue of not receiving text message? Thanks!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue here with my upgrade for an XM purchased Galaxy S9 to my new unlocked (and officially unsupported) OnePlus 9 on Oxygen OS 11.  I almost upgraded to OS 12 C.40, however, all of the very very negative reviews about the bugs in OS12 have kept me from getting the update.  Many people have said that they regret going from 11 to 12 because of all the problems.  

***The main solution to not being able to receive incoming text messages:

Ask for a Tier 3 rep to add feature # 83856 "CDMA_LESS" to your account.

Has anyone been able to get an Xfinity Mobile rep to add this feature to their account? So far I have tried 3 times and the Tier 1 tech support does not know anything about this.  People with Verizon service have had much success with this, but I have not found anyone being able to do this thru Xfinity Mobile.  If there are any Xfinity tech support personnel reading this...please help.

Thanks! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here