U

Wednesday, September 27th, 2023 10:30 PM

Closed

Number lock

Hello I have spend 13 hours over 4 days speaking with xfinity. What happened was I was originally trying to just change my xfinity internet plan. The person I spoke with told me I’d save 100 a month if I switched to xfinity mobile. He said I could keep my whole Apple package and Disney bundle I had through Verizon because they worked together. After switching everything got deleted so I promptly stated I wanted to switch back. They since have locked my number and told me to call back 3 different times (2 of which were for 24 hour periods and the third was because the systems were updating). I was told it was escalated to tier 2 and 3 twice. I’ve had to tell every different I spoke with the situation anew every single time.  They told me in order to port my phone back to Verizon they will need to reactivate my xfinity mobile and then port it while it’s active.  Now I need to wait and call back later on day 4. I have a background check for a new job I got and who knows if anybody called me. They probably think I just blew them all off. I was also told 2 times I would get a call back from the reps with no luck. Oh and on top of that they offered me $10 to reimburse. What a joke. Pls just give me me number. 

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_32a847 we know that it is crucial that you have a working number to be able to stay connected with important calls. Our team has limited access to support Xfinity Mobile issues since we don't currently have access to these accounts, but we will do all we can to help! In order to be able to port out a phone number, the line must remain active so that the other provider is able to take over the number for you again. If the line for the number has already been disconnected, then the port would not be able to successfully go through.  Just to confirm, is the number you are looking to port out currently active with our Xfinity Mobile service, or have you already disconnected your mobile account with us?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here