J

Wednesday, July 24th, 2024 2:31 PM

mobile line plan messed up after call for a promotion

yesterday I called xfinity to ask if I can switch one of my current data sharing plan lines to the $20 unlimited plan, and was told I can and so I got it switched and was told it's being processing and will get confirmation email later. today I login my account I found the switched line  is in $45 monthly plan, not $20. So I called again and asked it to be fixed, meanwhile I suddenly got disconnected and after I checked my account I found all my lines are in the unlimited plan. now I just want to switch back to my original $65 data sharing plan. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 months ago

Hey @jerry_EB_NJ, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the recent changes to the Xfinity Mobile plan. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

In order to qualify for a $20.00 a month Xfinity Mobile Unlimited Line, you would need to have 5+ active lines under the Unlimited Data plans. Additional By-The-Gig plans would not qualify the Unlimited Bundle discounts. 

The great news, is that you can quickly and easily revert your lines to the By-The-Gig quickly and easily using our handy Xfinity App. Please review our 'How do I change my data option?' support page for step-by-step instructions.

If you need further assistance, please reach out to our dedicated Xfinity Mobile team by calling 1(888) 936-4968.

10 Messages

If the customer service agents who served me knows what exactly you know, I wouldn't have got such a mess.

finally I got the last month bill corrected by contacting other agents on the last billing day. However, now I found still I have 4 lines with unlimited in my plan, amazing how the last month bill got corrected! and only two lines back to the data sharing plan.  really disappointed with Xfinity customer service, so many unprofessional staff and behaviors. 

10 Messages

I am contacting again with Xfinity agents now and repeating my story again and hope all my 6 lines back to the 10GB data sharing plan, a very simple request, but so difficulty to get. looks like the agents I got are working hard to create problem instead of solving problem, which makes sense to keep them busy and continue the job

10 Messages

now here is the updates: the agent told me my next bill will be based on 10GB data sharing plan(for all my 6 lines), when I asked how about my current billing cycle, he told me it will be charged according to the current: 2 lines buy the gig plan and 4 line with unlimited plan. He think he resolved my problem, and that's is exactly when I want to resolved, how I can trust Xfinity customer service like this? I can NOT trust what I hear and see.

10 Messages

Another contact I called Xfinity and the agent said she reported this and the charge of my current billing cycle will be adjusted to reflect the correct amount.

I will have to wait to see what actually will happen.

will keep this post updated after this billing cycle ends

10 Messages

Notes:

my previous billing statement shows all my 6 lines are in the 10GB data sharing plan, that why I thought the problem resolved; but yesterday after I login my account, I found 2 lines are with the By the Gig plan, 4 lines are with the unlimited plan. How the plan was changed from the 6 lines of 10GB data sharing plan in the previous billing cycle to the current 2 by the Gig+4 unlimited plan is a mystery

10 Messages

1 month ago

update: today the new statement period starts, so I checked my account in the moring and found no change so I called xfinity and was told wait for one week to see the changes applied. at night I checked it again and found all my 6 lines now in a data sharing plan with 1GB data, which is still not back to my original and requested 10GB data sharing plan. Let me wait and see if the what this agent said is reliable or not after one week. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here