U

Wednesday, April 3rd, 2024 9:32 PM

Closed

Misleading and false advertising!!

I called into Xfinity back on March 2, 2024 to inquire about my internet services increasing and seeing what could be done. During the phone call the rep I spoke with asked me who my current phone provider was and I explained it was Metro PCS. He asked if I was interested in switching and I said probably not because I just switched 6 months ago to Metro. He explained to me that they were offering a BOGO promotion on 2 or more lines and discounts on phones. My husband and I were looking at switching from android to Iphones. The rep explained that he would have to ship the phone's to us and the promotion was only good if I signed up that day. He also mentioned to me that I needed to sign up for me rewards account online to activate any future discounts I could be eligible for. I signed up with him on the phone and saw there was an offer for $300 per Iphone. I asked if I would be able to get this discount on top of the BOGO line discount. The rep said yes but only for today! We are not comfortable with shipping phones to our house as we do work away from home and cannot be home when they arrive. We decided to drive to our nearest Xfinity store and speak to an in person rep at the store. The nearest store to us is [Edited: Personal information]. While at the store we were helped by two people, a gentlemen and a lady. Both explained the BOGO promotion, and $300 discount on the phone and what we were estimating for a phone bill. They also mentioned we would get a $10 discount on our internet for switching to Mobile with Xfinity. We took about an hour to budget and determine if switching phone plans was worth the hassle since we just switched to Metro and we would be paying monthly for a phone service and a device. We ended up switching to Xfinity Mobile. After spending 5 hours in the store we finally went home and checked our online account to budget out the new bill for the month. Online it was reflecting a bill for $156.50. We were told that our bill would be $106.50 monthly, this included the devices and the one line for $30 as the second line would be free for the first year. I reached out to Xfinity that same night on March 2 through Chat as I have learned the hard way in the past with Comcast that EVERYTHING needs to be in writing. I was advised that the account would adjust correctly in 7 business days to reflect $106.50. I have copies of this chat transcript. 7 days go by, nothing changed. I reached back out to Xfinity via the Chat and was told by another live agent something different. I was advised that the reason my first bill is higher was due to activation fees on my bill and that the BOGO for the second line would not apply until after the first 30 days had past. So after 30 days the second $30 charge would fall off for the second bill. I have copies of this transcript as well. 30 days has not past. Here we are April 2nd. I checked my second billing cycle that came out and my bill is $136.50... I reached out again via Xfinity chat and spoke to a live agent. They told me something different from the first two. They told me that I did not qualify for the Xfinity BOGO promotion because I have a promotion already and to go back to the store I got the phones from that she could not help me. I immediately called Xfinity because I work for a living and cannot just take off work to go deal with this. I was lucky enough to work on a computer at work and use their chat feature. On my lunch break I was able to use my FULL hour of lunch to call Xfinity on April 2nd and spoke to [Edited: Personal information]. [Edited: Personal information] explained to me that a discount was applied to my internet bill of $10 so that is why I was unable to get the BOGO promotion on my mobile bill. I explained to [Edited: Personal information] that I was told instore by both agents that I would get an internet discount along with the BOGO promotion. [Edited: Personal information] came back after putting me on hold for 20 minutes and said that he can apply the BOGO if he removes the $10 discount on my internet. I told him to just remove it because $30 off per month is the better offer then $10 off per month. He advised me that it would take 24 hours to remove the discount and to call Xfinity mobile back tomorrow April 3 and have them apply the BOGO offer to the account. He would put notes in so they would see it. Here we are April 3 at 4:30 pm. I spent an hour on the phone with Xfinity Mobile.... I was then told SOMETHING DIFFERENT AGAIN! The lady this time told me that I am unable to get the BOGO promotion because I am receiving $300 off each Iphone monthly. If I want the BOGO promotion then she needs to remove the $300 off each phone and then she can apply it. I told her NO, i was told in writing I would get $10 off my internet, the BOGO promotion and $300 off the Iphones. THIS WAS THE ONLY REASON I EVEN SWITCHED. If I knew this I would not have switched services!!! She told me she could not do it. I told her to put my $10 discount back on my internet bill. She transferred me to Xfinity internet rep and the new rep confirmed no order was ever placed to remove the discount from the internet. I said are you sure because [Edited: Personal information] told me yesterday it would take 24 hours to be removed. She said yes, no order was ever placed to have this done. I said okay and hung up. I am BEYOND frustrated with XFINITY. My phone bill is more then what I was paying at Metro with less service offers... I was lied to about the promotions. I see I am not the first person this has happened to. I am going to be consulting with an attorney on moving forward with a class action lawsuit as this is false advertising and entrapment. I have in writing Xfinity agents confirming that I had a BOGO promotion with my account.... This is absurd! 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

6 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_7beisx! This is far from the experience we want you to have. I noticed you have also sent us a direct message. Please be reminded that sending unsolicited Direct Messages to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Community Forum, is a violation of Forum Guidelines. In the future we ask that you please find the most appropriate public board for your question type and post it there. If needed, we may invite you to send us a Direct Message. We can certainly continue to assist you over direct message.

4 Messages

@XfinityAldrik

People who have literally posted having the same exact issues I have had with Xfinity received messages from Xfinity telling them how to send a direct message in this forum to Xfinity Support. Xfinity literally replied in their comments with directions breaking down how to access direct messaging and how to send in a support message for a solution to their issue. Now you are telling me that it is a "Violation of Forum Guidelines" to send an "unwanted" message to Xfinity Support. So, you are telling me that Xfinity does not want us who need help with misleading and false information to not send direct messages for help. You would rather us post our issues on this public forum and wait days to get a response back.... I received a message back from the "direct message" I sent to Xfinity Support and was told " You have reached the correct support team for your concern please verify some information for us to better assist you." but I am in "violation"....

Clearly there is no care or support here. That is alright though, a complaint to the BBB and SCC helped me get in touch with the main Xfinity Corporation location and my issues have been resolved. [edited]

Stay Blessed.... 

(edited)

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

6 months ago

The exact same thing happened to me.  

This comment has been converted into a post

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey @sdheasley,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you are provided the best support possible! Can you tell me a little more about your mobile concerns? 

Have you tried calling or texting 88-936-4968, or reach out to our secure online chat at https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user_7beisx​ 

If you sent a direct message before being asked to do so by one of the Official Employees then you are in violation of our Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  That is why you were reminded by @XfinityAldrik about our policy.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

4 Messages

@Again​ [Edited: Inflammatory]…. So we have to be “invited” to have a conversation with someone to get our issues resolved. [Edited: Inflammatory]. Worthless [Edited: Inflammatory]

(edited)

2 Messages

4 months ago

I am blown away by the amount of posts regarding the same problem. Seems like its becoming a standard business practice for comcast to lie to their customers. I was in my contract for almost 2 years before I actually was in a contract. I first got with xfinity about 3 years ago. Back then I was completely against financing a phone because we just purchased our first home and the bills were piling up. I got home-internet service and I transferred my number from another carrier to xfinity mobile. Worst mistake of my life. everything was supposed to come at the same time: stuff to hook up my internet and a phone a purchased outright. It was an A13 worth a whopping 150$. Phone never came. When I called to ascertain what was going on the person on the phone was very apologetic and asked me if how I would like to get that phone for free. The implication was: "We are sorry we messed up, we are giving you this phone for free". Regardless, nothing was ever said about a contract or payment plan or any kind of monthly payments outside of the service charges. Of course I was happy with the resolution and forgot all about the issue until I got tired of my old phone and decided to upgrade almost 2 years later. At that time xfinity-mobile has a promotion for a trade-in deal and a free line if you buy their latest Galaxy S23 Ultra. I got a representative on the phone and told him even though I am  an existing customer since there is nothing holding me with xfinity I should be able to cancel my existing line and then be treated as a new customer and get another line for my wife and trade-in my A13 for S23. Thats when I was told that I am indeed on a contract for 2 years and that I still have 3 months left. Turns out the free phone was indeed costing me 10$ a month but they applied 10 dollars in credits that's why my bill never changed. I told them that i would be happy to pay the remaining payments on the phone and since I have been a faithful customer for almost 2 years I should still be allowed to take advantage of the promotion. The representative talked to his supervisor and agreed to do the trade-in and give me the free line. Alas, the next months bill was almost 200$. I didn't get a free line and none of the credits for the trade-in. Worse than that they tried to convince that I never sent the A13 and I had to dig up the email that they indeed received the trade-in phone and that the system approved the condition. It was one lie after another. When I finally forced the issue and created a ticket the system said that they will get back to me within 48 hours. Its been 3 months and last I checked they are still reviewing it. I've been paying for the second line this entire time and I am forced to stay in the contract because it is going to cost me and arm and a leg to get out of it. The fact that they are still reviewing it after 3 months is clear evidence of not even trying to resolve the issue. My next step is to contact the BBB and file a complaint for shady business practices. Perhaps, there is a possibility of class-action proceedings. 

1 Message

3 months ago

I had the same thing happen to me. I contacted them in January to lower my bill, they offered me a promotion but never applied it. Contacted them again in May they said that promotion wasnt applied and is no longer valid so they cannot honor it. Offered me another deal saying it would be $83 for faster internet, an ipad, and unlimited ipad data. When i started getting the bills, internet was $90 and the xfinity mobile was $32. Contacted them again and they said to wait because it sometimes takes 45 days to process. At this point i got another bill at the same price and just cancelled the Xfinity mobile account and paid off the ipad. Im tired of their deceptive tactics to lock you into multiple accounts when you dont need them. Hopefully by the time my xfinity contract is up, FIOS is available in my area because I will be switching. 

1 Message

2 months ago

This bait-and-switch scam with Xfinity is blatant. I, too, am a customer who fell victim to it. I have reported it to the FTC and suggest you do the same. If you have spoken to an attorney, I will join the class action lawsuit.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here