DebR220's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, March 3rd, 2020 8:00 PM

Closed

iPhone calls go straight to voicemail

Husband and I both have XR iPhones. Our calls seem to be going straight to Voicemail. We do not know why. Do not Disturb completely off. WiFi and Cellular on. He calls. I let in ring. I swipe and get a beep-beep noise but no call. He goes straight to voicemail when he calls me. Same with everyone who tries call either of us. We are baffled. Both phones worked fine when we first got them in January. Now neither one of us get any calls from anyone. The calls just go to voicemail no matter if the phone rings once or three times or whatever. Or a "fail"?

Contributor

• 

179 Messages

5 years ago

Turn off wifi on both phones.   Retest.

Reboot both phones.   Retest. 

Turn on wifi on both phones.   Retest.  

Disable wifi-calling on both devices.   Retest.

Reboot.  Retest.

After maybe considering/trying the above stuff,  consider to verify that both phones are upgraded to latest IOS 13 before attempting to re-enable wifi-calling.  

Contributor

• 

84 Messages

5 years ago

Also make sure the 'Silence Unknown Callers' toggle is off under Settings, Phone

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having this problem also, again. I had this problem last year and spent 1.5 hours troubleshooting with Xfinity. Got to the point where they said to reinstall my OS to which I replied "no way".

She did a lot of searching and came up with the solution as follows:

> Enter *73 -> then hit the call button.

> Phone will dial, get received and then get hang up 

This sets something in the cellular routing and it fixed my problem (again today). The tech today listened to my story about last year and after quick search on thier KB, reminded me of this solution. I'm going to put this in notes on my phone for next time.

Official Employee

• 

280 Messages

4 years ago

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your support and for initiating and continuing conversations by providing helpful information.

Along with making sure that Do Not Disturb is toggled off, or that it is not on a schedule such as Bedtime, like MEGEDH mentioned, under the Settings>Phone options, make sure that Call Forwarding is toggled off along with Silence Unknown Callers, and Blocked Contacts.

Also, if you’ve downloaded a 3rd party app to help you manage spam phone calls, investigate the settings on that app to make sure it is not blocking numbers that it shouldn’t.

Chris

P.S. In case your post has gone unaddressed, please note that you can always reach out directly to any Official Comcast Employee by clicking on the employee name and from the profile page select the blue ‘send a message’ button.

Official Employee

• 

280 Messages

4 years ago

Hey everyone,

I wanted to pass along some information that was provided to me by @DaveO3 in where phone calls can/do route automatically to voicemail when connected to a 2G or 3G signal while using data.  This applies to VoLTE enabled devices as well.  

Thanks again for the info DaveO3!

Chris 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

My phone is up to date, I've restarted it. , tried the *73 thing and it still goes directly to comcast voicemail when I call home. I've turned off the call forwarding and it works fine. Turn it back on and the problem is still there. It just started Friday 7/10. What's changed and how do I correct it?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

My phone is up to date. I’ve also restarted it. I also have all calls direct to voice mail. I tried *73 and rebooted twice. I don’t have “do not disturb” set either. So what’s going on?

Official Employee

• 

46 Messages

Hey there, I'm truly sorry to hear about the phone troubles, that definitely sounds frustrating. Our team would like to help, please send us a private message to get started.

You can also contact our Mobile partners directly to review any account specifics:

• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Chat: https://comca.st/34b1bo0

I no longer work for Comcast. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

My iPhone started doing the same thing for the last 3 weeks in a row.  Customer service has me reset the network settings but it only works for a week and then it starts all over again.  I miss a lot of calls.  The calls don’t even show up in missed calls.  The only way I know is if they leave a voicemail.  

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I' m having this same issue and has happened sporadically in the past and  usually resolves itself in a few days. It has been going on for almost two weeks this time with no resolution

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@Shellbriar pretty sure this has to do with a cellular Apple Watch this has been happening to me for the last 6 months or so..xfinity had no clue got all signed up with T-Mobile then figured I would turn off celluton my watch and boom phone works fine

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Does anyone have any additional information for this yet? This has been going on for weeks and same as Cyberprincess, I'm missing calls and don't even know if no voicemail is left. I've reset the network dozens of times, I've reset the phone to factory settings, I turn the wifi off and on, I've made sure than unknown callers are not blocked, I've made sure that Do Not Disturb isn't on. Super frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_c75ab0, thank you for reaching out to us for help with your mobile device. Currently, Xfinity Mobile support via social is limited, and we only have access to help with general questions about pricing, service offers, and basic troubleshooting available on https://comca.st/3z1Q66n. For additional support, please contact our Xfinity Mobile support center via any of the following methods:

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@user_c75ab0 I am having the same issue . In my case it looks like it’s connected to my cellular Apple Watch . Everytime it’s switched off the calls start going directly to voicemail . Starting the watch and then toggling the airplane mode makes it work

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

same exact problem as everyone here, very frustrating  - So, I ended up getting ahold of Tier 2 support at Xfinity mobile for the exact same problem. They had to de-provision and re-provision my line at the “cell tower level” with Verizon. It fixed it in about 3 minutes. 

here is the number for Tier 2 mobile support - [Edited: "Personal Information"]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_4a8439 well, they won’t let me share the phone number for Tier 2 network support for Mobile -  so maybe one of the Xfinity folks can share it. I’m sure it would help the folks on this thread save a ton of time since we are all very adept at resetting our phones, checking for do not disturb, etc. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Can you manually type the number possibly. Like eight hundred three zero five ect ect

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I just turned cellular off on my watch seems to be working fine now 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_1040b6  how does this affect the watch performance/usage?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Watch works the same as a non cellular one…but started having the same issue since I updated to iOS 15 🥵

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here