U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, September 23rd, 2022 12:06 AM

Closed

iPhone 14 problems .

Don’t get the IPhone 14 ! The eSIM is a nightmare with xfinity.  If you are going to get the new phone you should consider switching to a real carrier. I hear the other carriers were fully prepared for the ESIM and upgrading your phone is a simple task. So today was chat 4 with this terrible company. I have wasted 5 hours and nobody is able to fix the problem . Is it that hard to activate the new iPhone 14 ? Each agent assured me that they would help and the chats all ended with them telling me that my phone would activate on its own in 15-30 minutes. In other words the brush off. No explanation . No accountability. It’s truly amazing, four different times I chatted and all four times there was a different procedure. It’s obvious that xfinity has no idea what they are doing.  Why do we even use a cell service? I travel a lot out of the country and everyone uses What’s App and Line. Free texting(I might add it’s superior) and free calling including international. Everyone just buys time at a 7-11 (comes in a disposable sim) and it’s a fraction of the cost. Perhaps this is why they are moving to esims.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

@user_4828a5. I can understand the frustration and we always want to do what we can to help. Since you have tried chat and phone multiple times we can look into getting you into contact with a mobile agent who can help. If you would like to do that, please direct message your name, address and mobile phone number. 

Make sure you are signed into forums

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon(direct message) near the bell icon. 2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

2. Hit the compose button to the right of "conversations"

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

XM needs to pay for the iPhone 14s we bought. What foods are the phones of we cannot activate them?!?!?! I have been waiting for 2 weeks to activate me phone and each time I call them they give me the same ole BS. . 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@fnazarko, We are very limited to what we can do to help Xfinity Mobile customers since we are working over social media. The best way to get assistance is to reach out to them.

Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile&linkId=181783612

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This is a complete failure on Xfinity’s part

new Esim and still have issues with SOS for service. Been this way since I got it and told that phone is over 2 weeks old and now need to deal with Apple. Hours on phone with no help! Total waste of my money. Thinking of switching all my services to T-Mobile (internet and all)

New Problem Solver

• 

617 Messages

Hey @user_09e7b0

We understand the importance of getting your phones working. Through this platform we are limited on the things we can do with your Mobile service and our Mobile experts would be the best help! I know you have talked on the phone with them already I would recommend reaching out through their chat site to get help. I'll leave the contact details below. 

Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile&linkId=181783612

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I have already contacted chat support and have been on the phone for over 5 hours now but still they haven't done anything I'm very disappointed in this

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I pre ordered an IPhone 14 pro max from the xfinity store.  Activated it, moving my number to it.  Well the iPhone 14 went totally dead after 8 days.  I tried to return it to the Battle Creek Xfinity store where I ordered it and was told by Timothy that I could not because it was mailed to me from Xfinity and that I had to FED EX IT BACK TO XFINITY.  Timothy was a total condescending [Edited: "Inflammatory"].  That is unacceptable.   But I returned it and have been trying to get my old number back to my old phone (IPhone 11 Pro).  

Four phone calls later since October 18 and about 7 hours on the phone, and two guys promising to call back, I sit here with my IPhone 11 Pro not working with phone number [Edited: "Personal Information"] on cellular AND NO CALL BACK.  JUST LIP SERVICE!!!  I'm so over Xfinity mobile.   🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬.   I can make and receive calls using WiFi calling.  But I don’t have cell service if I don’t have WiFi connectivity.  So my SIM card in the iphone 11 has to be working because I can receive calls, and that would be through the SIM card.  

Bottom line is my cell number is attached to a dead phone somewhere in the Xfinity warehouse,  as well as my current phone thru WiFi only.  I think it will get straightened out once they totally process the return of the iPhone 14 (which they’ve acknowledged is there) and get it off the account.  The return can take up to 2 weeks, which will be a week from next Monday.  I haven’t decided if I want to wait on the phone for more hours before then, only to get more lip service.  Progress was made, because at first I couldn’t use cell service even thru WiFi and could not access my voicemail.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

367 Messages

Hello @barbritter8683 , Good golly, this is not the experience we want you to have. I know I would be reaching out for any kind of help as well. We here in Digital Care would love to help, but due to account security, we are limited on access to your Xfinity Mobile account here on social media, and we recommend reaching out to our experts to find out about your concern. You can reach them by texting or calling 888-936-4968 or you can chat with expert here http://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile. Can you tell me, is this who you reached out to? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I already tried calliing and texting still nothing

Contributor

• 

294 Messages

2 years ago

I don't think this is generally true.  We got two 14 Pros and my upgrade was a little sketchy - I had to call support, but they got it working right away and that may have been luck getting the right person.  My wife's phone upgrade went completely text book smooth.  My issue, I think, was not waiting enough time (a minute or so) in between stages where some of the process of activation hadn't completed so it seemed like things weren't working.  Our iPhone 14 Pros have been fantastic so far.

Clearly there are some issues Xfinity has with accounts, activations, data plans, Watch activations, their app, and Website, etc.  When your account gets kinked up it can be a trying process of calling and calling until you get lucky and find that elusive "expert" that can actually fix the problem.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Hi All

Yes the iphone 14 issues continue with xfinity mobile. I my case the activation went fine but the call quality is the issue. We constantly get dropped calls or when someone calls me I can hear them and they can't hear me. I have had multiple call with mobiles tech support and they finally referred me to apple tech support. Well they checked the hardware and everything was fine so they asked me to call xfinity back to reset my esim. Just did that this morning to see if this fixes the issue. At this point if this doesn't fix the issue I'm thinking of opening a class action case about all the issues with xfinity mobile and the new iphones. The most frustrating thing about this is that you buy the iphone when you open a contact but then the issues start and if you want to change carriers well now you have to pay for the phone out right which would be about $940 dollars out of pocket.

I'll keep you guys updated as to the resolution if any.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

541 Messages

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums with your Xfinity Mobile concerns, @user_534c0b. This is never the experience we want for any of our valued customers. For account security purposes, our Digital Care team is very limited in providing assistance for our Xfinity Mobile customers. However, we have a great team of experts available through a few options for support. Here is how they can be reached:

Xfinity Mobile Contact options:

You also have Apple Care available with your device for additional device support at any time as well, right from your phone. 

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Hi mark has your issue been fixed yet im also expernicing this 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Hi, I am having an issue with the new eSim for the iPhone 14 Pro. Initially the set-up was smooth no problems when I first received the phone an transferred everything. However, i broke the original phone that Xfinity sent me, so I took it to Apple to get it repaired. In the process of repairing Apple has to replace all the hardware was, thus essentially giving me a new phone with a new IMEI #. Since this time I have not had service on my phone. I cannot even activate service on a back-up phone because the phone # itself has the problem. It has been 5 days now and roughly 7 hours spent talking to various representatives with no resolve. The latest is it was escalated to the "back-of-house" team and could take up to a week. This is all due to the eSim technology, had I had a physical sim card none of this would have occurred. The cannot activate a new eSim for the repaired phone because my original eSim is tied to the old IMEI #. Extremely disappointed with Xfinity at this point. The lack of solution to at the very least get my phone # working on an alternate phone is the worst part. People are calling me and they receive "the Verizon # is no longer in service" message... Hoping they can get is fixed soon !

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_f0f7ef, We are very limited in what we can do for our Xfinity Mobile customers since we work over social media. The best way to get assistance is to contact them directly. Here is that information:

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

My Xfinity service is terrible. I constantly have no connection and it says SOS. My speeds are slow on 5G. It seems to perform better on LTE. I've already had my eSIM refreshed. I've been trying to contact support several times since the release date of the iPhone 14 Pro, this is the worst service I have ever experienced. Both phones on my account have nothing but problems. They managed to be even worse than AT&T. The phone is basically useless most of the time unless I'm on Wi-Fi. I miss a lot of important calls.

Official Employee

• 

192 Messages

Hey @Madoser, unfortunately, we are very limited in what we can do for our Xfinity Mobile customers since we work over social media. The best way to get assistance is to contact them directly. Here is that information:

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

update to my issues.

My phone was replaced by apple and still the call issues continue so now i know the carrier is the problem. Went to the xfinity store and the manager opened a case for a return order but not been approved yet. Its now been 2 weeks and still waiting.

Will keep you all posted.

Jeff

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here