Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

Tuesday, November 16th, 2021 3:28 AM

Closed

Iphone 13 Pro never gets 5G Ultra Wideband service

I am on the by the gig plan and should have access to 5G UW:

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/learn/plan

My phone is def 5G UW capable and I have been to several parts of San Francisco that have coverage per VZW map and I've never gotten it, and as a matter of fact my home should have 5GUW coverage and friends who have verizon come over get 5G UW service:

https://www.verizon.com/coverage-map/

Does something need to be done to the plan/account settings to enable it? I have tried to call in but the first tier technical support is frankly not helpful at all. Can somebody from xfinity please contact me or direct me to who can help?

Contributor

• 

161 Messages

3 years ago

You have to pay for a different plan to get 5G UW... if you're an original customer on the 1st tier plan like I am & I think you are (12 bucks a month per gig, no cost if no data used, yet they always make sure it IS used even when I take out my SIM cards 🙄) then no, you won't get UW just standard 5G. There was a 2nd tier plan in there too but I can't seem to find any clear info on that one.... I almost moved to it and wish I had when I had the chance. Back then we could have 2 lines on unlimited sharing data... those days are gone along with the days of Xfinity being the most affordable service. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

@tuffigirl thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure as I'm on the newer plan as the lowest tier is $15 for 1GB, right now I'm at the $60 for 10GB tier which is a current plan:

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/learn/plan

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

Good evening @maximumr!  I hope you are having a great day so far. Thank you for reaching out to us here through our Xfintiy Community Forums page. We are all here to help give you the best experience possible and we would be glad to help.

I understand you're having some issues connecting to the 5G Ultra Wideband service. I would like to ask, have you tried resetting the network settings when you're in the area of coverage? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

@XfinityMikeB just did that now, no change still don't get 5G UW 

Official Employee

• 

292 Messages

Hello, @maximumr, thank you for reaching out for help with connecting to the 5G Ultra Wideband. At this point, we recommend reaching out to our amazing Xfinity Mobile team via the following methods:

Please let me know if you run into any problems.

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Any updates to this? I haven't seen 5Guw on my 13pro as well.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here