S

Wednesday, November 15th, 2023 2:34 AM

Closed

I want a new phone, but no new phone IMEI I try will work with the Xfinity network

the mobile phone that Xfinity gave me... a 2021 Moto G Play ( I like it)   only has 32 gigs and if I take a few photo's or video's it's full... also the camera is pretty bad 13MP.... so I looked at the new Moto G Power 5G and fell in love! it has 6 gigs of Ram and 256 gigs of storage and a 50 MP camera  has a 120 refresh rate and a better screen resolution what a phone!!!!!! so I tried to buy it at Xfinity but they kept pushing me towards something else and told me I can just buy one and use the bring your own phone program... so I bought one at best buy and brought it to Xfinity... they said it won't work on their network??? the phone is unlocked and said it will work on any network but Xfinity said the IMEI says not compatible???..... so I returned it .... later I found Xfinity sells the moto G Power 5G so I went to buy it... it was $259 ( I can buy a new one from amazon for $199.99... but I want it so I said ok get it... they said theirs's only has 128 gigs of storage??? I'm not paying 60 bucks more and not getting the big storage I want... so I said forget it and left.... a few weeks later I decided I'd suck it up and learn to live with the 128... so I went back and we started the process again.....only for me to find out it was 128 gigs  half of what I wanted but the 6 gigs of ram  the phone comes with from Motorola is only 4 gigs of Ram on the Xfinity phone!!!! so AGAIN I said I'm not paying 260 bucks to get half the phone I can buy anyplace else and LEFT!.... starting to get mad at Xfinity mobile..... so I am looking to switch carriers just to get the phone I want.... and will forever bad mouth Xfinity mobile to anyone I know..... but I am still looking to try to get the phone I want to work with the Xfinity network..... I read a closed post about registering it on a Verizon network and then bring it to Xfinity... but I am hoping someone has a better work around... as I need to keep the same phone number.... so if I buy the phone I want I will have to cancel my great low price plan with Xfinity to keep my phone number... then when I go back to Xfinity "MAYBE" the phone will now work???.... but I will have to get a new more expensive plan..... anyone have any idea's that will allow me to get the phone I want on Xfinity????

2 Messages

10 months ago

PS.... I am the guy that made this post.... I went to E-bay and they have hundreds of VERIZON used phones and they show the IMEI number on the auction....... I entered in the IMEI number onto the Xfinity check your compatibility and NONE OF THEM WORKED!!!! but obviously they all worked on Verizon when they were new. ...why does Xfinity say you can bring your own phone when you can't!

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hey there, sorry to hear you have had a hard time trying to find a phone for yourself. You definitely can bring your own phone, but not every model ever! I wish I could help you more but unfortunately the team here on the forums does not have access to the mobile systems yet so our current guidance is to give the Xfinity mobile team a call at 1 (800) 934-6489. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

6 months ago

My YouTube video is not playing while my screen is off don't know wy

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey @user_oqyy6k,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Community Forums support page. I know from personal experience that in order to play YouTube content while the screen is off, you would need a YouTube Premium subscription. I recommend visiting the YouTube support page 'Background play isn't working' for any further assistance and help. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here