U

Wednesday, May 15th, 2024 11:58 AM

I am stuck in Xfinity mobile activation [Edited: "language"], customer support is completely unhelpful

I made the clearly terrible choice to move my ATT prepaid phone plan to Xfinity mobile. I figured we are stuck with their internet, why not take advantage of the bundle?

Big mistake. Been stuck in porting/activation [Edited: "language"] ever since. Hours on the phone with xfinity mobile support, hours in the chat. They keep telling me anything from 15h to 72h - everyone has a different story. 

My correct porting information was submitted and confirmed by them - but apparently porting/activation are still pending with no explanation of what is going on. Online I just get an error message.

"Sorry, we've run into an issue with activation

We know you're excited to get your phone activated. We can fix this glitch together—call us at (888) 936-4968."

However, my prior physical SIM from ATT prepaid no longer has service, so ATT clearly released the number - so no working phone....

[Edited: Due to language]

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

5 months ago

Hello @user_ndzhcq, thanks for taking the time to reach out to our team on Forums. We truly value you being a customer with us and can't thank you enough for choosing Xfinity Mobile to be your phone provider. It's unsettling to hear about your onboarding issues thus far, this is never the kind of experience we strive for our customers to receive, and we apologize.

At this time, Xfinity Mobile support on social media is currently limited. I know you stated you've called in but just to be sure, have you tried contacting our Xfinity Mobile support center through any of the other methods: 

1 Message

3 months ago

Sadly, I switched to Xfinity mobile for the same reason as you. I have an issues *every time* I upgrade or try to activate a replacement device from Assurant. Not one single time has it been a smooth process. Initially, the customer service reps seem like they know what they’re talking about but by the end of the call I have different information and my problem isn’t solved. Eventually I have to go to the Xfinity store to have it activated in person, which still takes several hours for them figure it out over the phone with their support team. Xfinity gets zero stars from me.

Official Employee

• 

965 Messages

@Mlkiiing, thanks for your feedback on the experience with replacement and activation of devices with XFINITY Mobile. We will certainly pass it along! Are you experiencing any current issues that we may be able to help with?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here