U

Sunday, October 15th, 2023 5:02 PM

Closed

How do i report a phishing text to Xfinity from both my phone & pc if I choose that route.

In the forum I looked up "How to report a phishing text to Xfinity."  The post I found is 2 yr old & closed. Additionally the supposedly corrected link posted there of where to report, doesn't seem to be working.
In text messaging I think there should be a link to report phishing, just as there is a link "Report as junk & delete." This would certainly encourage people to do that as a phishing text is different from junk.  I understand this could cost Xfinity resources (people) & time but a necessary thing that constantly needs to be looked at because of the increased sophistication of the scammers/hackers that do things like this.  Perhaps there should be a joint group among providers of Mobile phone lines, so that each company isn't duplicating the same efforts but that each is able to learn from the combined experiences.

I notice the only category I can report this under is "Xfinity Mobile" with no further breakdown. And the only topic I am given to choose is "Xfinity Mobile."  When I type in "phishing text", "report phishing text", or similar, what comes up is "No results found!."  Having that limited a Topic category is IMO ridiculous. Yes, there are a number of items to choose from under tags, but many people aren't going to look beyond topic.  IMO, it certainly doesn't reflect that the creators/programmers are being conscious of the users. (I say this from experience; for many years, as a consultant, one aspect of my job was to work with programmers across many companies & categories as they developed systems/databases, etc. to help guarantee that the system was user friendly.)

Kindly understand that other than issues like this I am satisfied with my Xfinity Mobile service.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

11 months ago

@XfinityAirelle wrote: "... Please click the envelope icon ..."

The "envelope icon" is long gone. It hasn't been a part of the Forums for nearly 3 years.

Instead, use the "Direct Messaging" icon above or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

11 months ago

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Chat bubble" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here