U

Wednesday, September 6th, 2023 4:28 AM

Closed

Holding my phone hostage

my son got on his own phone plan and went into the Pasadena xfinity store to ask what he needed to do. They told him if he paid off his phone it would automatically unlock and he could get service anywhere. So he did that and the next day (12hrs later) he got service with T-Mobile and they said his phone was not unlocked so he needed to go bk to the Pasadena xfi store and ask them what the issue was, the xfi store said it would be unlocked the next day. 24 hrs after that it still wasn’t unlocked so he went bk up to the store and was told that he couldn’t unlock a device without the primary account holder there. I went up there myself and was told they put in the request and it would be unlocked in 48 hrs. It’s now 3 days later and still not unlocked and customer service has already disconnected my call once when I asked to escalate the situation. We have been to the store 4x now and I followed every instruction they gave me at the store. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

1 year ago

Hello there @user_4a8b70!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and want to help in any way that we can. 

Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited on this platform. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

2 Messages

Ya and I stayed on the phone for 3 hours and no one could help me. I was on the phone on hold as I was writing this

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_4a8b70 Thank you for trying to contact them again for your patience while working to have the phone unlocked properly. Since you have not been able to receive the help you need, it would be my pleasure to work with our mobile team on your behalf to make sure the phone is unlocked and that there are no additional issues. 

Please send us a direct message with your name, service address and the mobile number for the line that should be unlocked. 

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here