paolini's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

Tuesday, July 19th, 2022 9:47 PM

Closed

have to sign in twice?

For a little over a month now I have to enter my password twice to sign in. I called and they said to clear cache/ restart/  all that good stuff. I already have and it still the same. Anyone else have this happening? So weird

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

2 years ago

Hello and thanks for taking the time to reach out, @paolini. I am sorry you are having issues. It has been a couple of days. Are you still having issues or were you able to get this resolved? Also, is this specific to your Xfinity Mobile? 

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

@XfinityAaron​ It's actually not on mobile device. That was the only option I was given. Had to pick one to post comment. Yes, still having same issue. Have to enter password twice. 

Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

@paolini Thank you for confirming that as well. I would be more than happy to help get to the bottom of these ongoing login issues once and for all! It is the very least that we can do for a valued member of our Xfinity family! Are you experiencing this same issue with having to enter your password twice on all devices, including when trying to login via a mobile device or personal computer?

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

I only sign in on my home pc. So I have no idea about other devices. I don't have or use the app. 

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

Thank you for letting us know. Can you please reset your password, log out, then log back in? Did that clear up to the double log in concerns? 

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

nope. already did that 3 times, a while ago.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the same problem. When logging in on my computer, I have to enter my user name, password, and Xfinity code TWICE. The code I use the second time is different because when I am prompted to log in for the 2nd time, it sends another (different) code to my phone. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the same problem. When logging in on my computer, I have to enter my user name, password, and Xfinity code TWICE. The code I use the second time is different because when I am prompted to log in for the 2nd time, it sends another (different) code to my phone.   Me too!!!  Very annoying!!!!!  What's up Comcast??

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

same problem here !!!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_787014, Since it has been a few days, can you let us know if you are still having the same issue?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

@XfinityAngie​ Yes. Actually, it's worse now. Sent to 2 step verification page repeatedly once the help started. Couldn't get by it anymore. Now I have to sign in 3 times. Twice with password and once with code. Listen, If other people are having this issue, than obviously it's nothing I'm doing or not doing. Not a browser I'm using. Not a matter of clearing my history. Not a matter or changing my password.   It's a change within xfinity. I'm not sure why that can't be figured out. Whomever designs/ monitors this website within your company will have the answer to this conundrum. Otherwise, I am fully exhausted with this and feel If we continue, I will eventually not be able to sign in at all. As it's just getting worse not better. 

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

@XfinityAngie​  Could someone at least explain to me how to turn 2 step verification off?  I mean besides deleting my phone numbers from this website? I don't want to do that as I want notifications. 

Contributor

• 

340 Messages

@paolini Removing your email address or mobile phone number will automatically turn off Two-Step Verification. You can change your email address or mobile phone number while keeping Two-Step Verification on but until verification of the new email or phone number is complete, the previous email or phone number will remain in use.

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

Okay. I'm going to start again. Can someone stop the having to sign in twice thing? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same here for desktop browser login. I have to login twice. Also the customer.xfinity.com is slow. Please fix and optimize. It's unbelievable that an internet provider company's website is so sluggish.

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

Just a quick question for those of you having the sign in issues, when you sign in the first time are you checking the “Keep Me Signed In” box on the page that asks you for your password?  Also, make sure that your browser isn’t set to automatically clear cookies or cached web data.  Those can each contribute to the issue you are having.  I am not saying it is guaranteed, but some things you can do on your end that don’t require all the resetting of credentials or dropping 2FA.

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

@sraym5​ I've personally tried it both ways. No change.   So, if not having cookies/cached cleared automatically might help, why are xfinity agents TELLING me to clear cookies/cached because that will help?? I gotta say..at this point? Sorry I even brought it up. It is never going to change. It is my life now. It will never ever be resolved. Not ever. I'm calling it right now. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@sraym5​  No help. I have clicked the "keep me signed in" and not and it is still an issue. 

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

I'm sorry this is such a frustrating issue for you all! @user_253935, you mentioned that this doesn't happen on your Android device; are you by chance using a mail client like Outlook or the built-in app on that one? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@sraym5​ I have had the same issue for some time . I have checked the keep me signed in box and everything.  Can I stop using the two step verification?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @user_a8c94e. I see you are having the same issue on your end. Please let me know any troubleshooting steps you've taken so far. I'll be glad to help. If needed, you can disable Two Factor Verification. This was covered in great detail here https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/turn-off-two-factor-authentication/602daf9fc5375f08cd11f91e let me know if that helps. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I use Roku.  Netflix works.  Prime works.  Xfinity does not work.  I have to resign every time. Why? 

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

Hello @user_d1e576. It has been a couple days since you reached out. Are you still haing issues or where you able to get this fixed? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Just another so-called community board that comcast hopes you like but which they very probably never pay any attention to. These sign in issues get tossed aside as bothesome by the same comcast employees who tell you how they are officially from xfinity care, product, leadership teams. It's smoke and mirrors valued customers. I've had this same issue and also, email issues for years that are never resolved and I have even received canned comcast emails asking me to rate the customer service I received. Tonight the tv cable connectivity is the problem du jour. It comes and then freezes up about every 30 seconds. Also, just received a promotional email from comcast asking me to try their phone service plan. Gee what should I do? Pathetic. 

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Hello i'm having the same issue while i'm watching xfinty online stream on my pc i would be watching a program then get kick from log in and asked to log back in why is this happening and it needs fixing asap because it's truly annoying having too always relog in when it should keep you logged in after checking the keep me logged in box

Problem Solver

• 

322 Messages

@MICHAELMAYBERRY If you are still having issues watching Xfinity Stream on your pc please send a direct message with your name and complete service address. 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I have the same problem. I  have to sign into my Comcast account twice to get to my email. Both times it is required to enter email/phone and password.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I too have to sign in twice to get to my email since the end of 10/2022.

Both times I have to enter my email and then password.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the same problem. Just tried calling and wasted 15 minutes getting the run around. This is not safe. Many password scrapers do the same thing - harvesting your credentials during the 'extra' time. So I have been hesitant. This needs to be fixed. Someone with tech skills needs to set up a test user so they can see what we are seeing. Thanks in advance. 

Also: it only occurs on my main login, where I use Chrome to access web email. It does not make me login twice for a separate comcast email account, although I use Firefox for that one (in case that matters)

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

@user_7cc4ea​  15 minutes? I spent over an hour 2 times getting the run around.  That's my same concern, that it feels unsafe/ like phishing. I have Microsoft edge. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_7cc4ea. The best step we can take with issues like this is put in tickets for every account. The  more tickets the better! Let us know if you would like to do that by sending a direct message with your name, address, and username. 

Make sure you are signed in to forums

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon(direct message) near the bell icon. 2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

2. Hit the compose button to the right of "conversations"

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wasted time...no response...thanks.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Sounds like it is time to find another provider folks!!!!
I have been reading here and apparently comcast will not help
Disgusting
I have tried the phone thing too, I do not have time to do someone elses job for them

Best Wishes Everyone!

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I am now experiencing the same problem, where required to sign in twice.  Started a week ago.  Has anyone been provided a solution to this problem?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I am also experiencing this problem of having to sign on twice.  Has anyone been provided a solution?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I’ve got the same problem since the updated the new and improved home page!!!

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

Hi, I understand you are having login issues. We can have our app team look into your concern. Please send us a private message. 

Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_f762fe​ Same here ever since the improvement within the past couple weeks.  Went to log on and came to a page I'd never seen before.  Figured out how to log on, then went to check emaail only to have to log on again...rather annoying.  Followed instructions to get xfinity support and got no response after 5 min...not even an indication that someone would respond.  Probably a dead end.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Having the same problem. Also tried everything described in the forum. Clear cache, then don't clear cache. Xfinity has no answers to the problem, but they will put in endless effort to sell you more of their products that most likely are also inferior. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here