U

Saturday, August 5th, 2023 2:15 PM

Closed

Got my prepaid VISA card but can't find where I can use it...

Hi-Unlike some of the people posting here I did get my promotional VISA card (2 phones transferred from Verizon-$100 each). My issue is that I can't find where I can redeem it for purchases. I admit I haven't tried everywhere but I have tried at a grocery store and Amazon, neither would accept it. Any tips out there of where I can spend this? Thank you! 

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

1 year ago

It’s a debit card so you need to use your PIN. You should be able to use it most anywhere except for payment for Xfinity. I have always used mine to add balance/gift card to Amazon as recently as this year. 

6 Messages

@DaveO3​-Thanks Dave. I will give it a try again! Thanks for replying. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_760051, Let us know if this worked for you. We want to make sure you were able to use your gift cards. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

I haven't had a chance to use it. Maybe at the grocery store tomorrow...

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Sounds good, @user_760051. We appreciate the update once you have had time to use it. We love it when you get a prepaid card and want to ensure it works. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

5 Messages

@XfinityRay​ 

I tried using mine on Instacart. It was rejected.

Also tried to add to Wallet on ApplePay. Also rejected.

1 Message

7 months ago

I tried using it at the AM/PM to purchase gas. It was rejected.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey @user_ajk9cs,

Thank you for contacting customer support through Xfinity Support. I hope you are doing well. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance. Have you attempted to call the phone number listed on the back of the card for support? Depending on the merchant, the cards would need to be processed a specific way such as debit instead of credit, as well as possibly having a PIN. Reaching out to the support line on the rear of the card should be able to provide information on where and how to use the card so it can be processed properly. 

1 Message

6 months ago

May sound crazy but i assumed mine was activated already so i went to use it & it kept declining i wasn’t sure why lol but today i finally called the number on the back & i had to actually activate it i set my PIN & then i was able to add it as a payment for my mobile service bal for xfinity so yes you can use it towards your xfinity bill if you like, i wanted to also see if i could use it at a restaurant, if anyone knows thanks 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here