B

9 Messages

Wednesday, October 4th, 2023 4:35 PM

Closed

Google Pixel watches not supported on Xfinity Mobile

It's it just me or is slamming your private parts in a car door less painful than trying to resolve anything with Xfinity support? This AI Xfinity assistant app makes me want to smash my phone and every single electronic appliance in the house. The only reason i have Internet is to play Xbox. Thinking of selling the halo edition series x just so i no longer have need for Xfinity at all... And why does Xfinity hate Google so much? Had to cancel my pre-order of the pixel 8 and watch 2 today once i found out that Xfinity apparently hates Google for some reason. New model unlocked phones don't work on Xfinity for months after release unless you only buy direct from Xfinity... And the pixel watches don't work at all. And trying to call support to get an answer was beyond frustrating. Does someone saying umm or uhhh every other word not raise a red flag for whoever hires them? It's like i um uh as if uh like umm uh as in you um well i understand um uh we um uh take your um uh concerns so umm uh seriously and um uh um uh um uh um uh, had to hang up or i was gonna melt down. I don't think I've ever had this much built up hatred for a company ever. 

Accepted Solution

9 Messages

9 months ago

[EDIT: Solicitation]

(edited)

2 Messages

@Beyond_annoyed​ I can only assume the accepted solution was to take your business elsewhere since xfinity is failing to provide any kind of service for the pixel2 watch? I suspect thats what the "solicitation" means. This is such a major disappointment. I guess I will have to look for another provider as well. UNLESS Xfinity can dangle some kind of carrot and say they are working on it or something... Still, very disappointing.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

10 months ago

Hi, @Beyond_annoyed! Thanks for spending your time to contact XFINITY over our forums page and for patiently waiting for a response for help. I am sorry to learn that we have made you feel this way and about this experience with calling support and having to cancel that pre-order. As a paying consumer myself, I understand the frustration and the importance of receiving exceptional service. We will certainly do everything within our power to rectify this experience and pass along this valuable feedback to help make the corrections necessary so we can provide a more favorable experience moving forward. We absolutely do not hate Google or any company. Different carriers and manufacturers use different network technologies, and as a result, not all devices are made for all networks. If a device is new but still made for use on one carrier, it may not work with the technology used on another. Make sense so far?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

No, because Pixel phones are all UNLOCKED so that they may be used with any carrier; Xfinity doesn't honor this. How is that allowable? 

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

@Liznell1 At this time it looks like we can only activate and support Apple and Samsung watches. We're always looking to expand our services so I'd be happy to submit your feedback regarding this. If you need anything else outside this concern please let us know, thank you 

2 Messages

I guess I should have done more research. I guess I am stuck with a LTE pixel 2 watch that wont work with my carrier?? Maybe time to switch to another. That's really too bad. Is getting pixel watches at least in the works?

1 Message

@XfinityJoshuaG​ There are two kind of watches. LTE and WiFi. I understand LTE needs new line and wifi works with phone. Do both watches not compatible?

9 Messages

The Wi-Fi watch will work just fine cause it runs off your phone and your home Internet router. The LTE one needs a different carrier, but then again so do all their customers🤣

(edited)

4 Messages

10 months ago

Why is Xfinity Mobile advertising and gifting Pixel 2 watches that they won't support?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_1fo7t5 At this time, the only watches we support are Apple and Samsung. If you have more specific questions about this, we would encourage you to reach out to our Xfinity Mobile Team directly. You can contact them by using either of these methods:

Phone - (888) 936-4968
Chat - https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I see Google watch instructions on your website. Are Google watches now supported. As far as phones I have no idea what these people are talking about. Had my Pixel 7 Pro on Xfinity Mobile for over a year and when I got my Pixel 8 Pro on release day and swapped the Sim I have been using my Pixel 8 Pro on Xfinity Mobile without issue! Phone was unlocked phone from Bestbuy. I originally had the 7 on Straight Talk Tmobile before I switched it to Xfinity over a year ago!

(edited)

9 Messages

10 months ago

Ha, they blocked me from responding to my own post but I got around it by using incognito mode...

Hey, t mobile said to tell you thank you for the business.... They've been getting a lot of new customers over your ridiculous. They said thanks for those as well.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 months ago

I agree. It's so frustrating dealing with Xfinity. I have the same issue; I bought a pixel 8 pro only to find out that it isn't supported on Xfinity. Everyone I've had the misfortune of contacting at Xfinity Mobile whether via chat or phone has told me initially that of course unlocked Pixel 8Pros work with Xfinity! Then I give them the imei and they so sorry that phone is not supported. Then I cannot for the life of me get them to tell me if it's my phone or if in fact they do not support unlocked Pixel 8 pros. Google Support seemed surprised that the phone would not activate. They supposedly have an open ticket on this for me. 

I've had the Xfinity Mobile technical support people straight up like to me about things like do they even support the pixel 8 pro (they told me they didn't until I pointed out that they sell the things). It's been a terrible experience trying to deal with these people. So I feel your pain. 

4 Messages

They could be waiting on an IMEI number update.   I have brought a couple of unlocked phones, bought directly through Google, and they were able to activate them. 

9 Messages

When i bought unlocked note 10 plus from Samsung, it wouldnt work right on here, after an excruciating several weeks trying to get to the bottom of it, i was told directly by their support that they don't typically allow brand new models unlocked on their network until 6 months have passed out another new model drops. Put it back in box, used old phone, 6 months later it could be used but the voicemail wouldn't work unless i called it directly. Wouldn't even give a notification. Was missing important stuff over it and lost business until i realized what was going on with the voicemail. Stayed that way until i got a different phone after several years. And that phone i bought from Xfinity, it was this really hateful disgusting piece of technology they call an iPhone. The voicemail was hit or miss on it. Paid it off after a couple months of that nonsense and put it on marketplace for 100 bucks. Made some kid happy at least. Put my sammy back on and went back to checking voicemail manually until they offered the pixel 6a cheap on here. Bought it directly from Xfinity. Voicemail still not working unless i turned off Wi-Fi and restarted the phone app.

It's been mmmm. 22-23 years of dealing with Comcast. Trying to get thru to support has probably aged me an extra 10 years in that time. I'm so tickled pink right now. As soon as watch gets here I'm transferring my number and sometime in the next 6 months I've if their competitors is running their own fiber thru here and i can finally be rid of Comcast once and for all. I feel like dancing yeah woohoo. And i even sometimes get Americans when i call that places support to ask questions about the Internet at my other property. And it doesnt take 45 minutes of screaming at an ineffective bot to get there. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_e9f9e3​ If you have an Xfinity SIM card, your Pixel 8 will work with Xfinity. I buy my Pixels from Google and just use the same SIM I got when I transferred my Pixel 4 to Xfinity a few years ago. If you don't have a SIM, though, you are stuck. They want you to buy that unlocked phone from them. It's underhanded and shameful. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello @Beyond_annoyed, I'd love a chance to help turn things around and work on getting your voicemail fixed. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps or worked with any of our Mobile team members on a fix? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

@user_e9f9e3​ I'm going through the same frustration.  I pre-ordered an unlocked Pixel 8 Pro and found out that it is not supported.  How can Xfinity expect to be a major player when it won't recognize one of the major manufacturers' Flagship Phone?!?!

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

9 months ago

After listing the Comcast Store as an official store eligible to receive the Pixel watch as a complimentary device when buying a new Pixel from Xfinity Mobile, Xfinity is cheating the customers into thinking they offer LTE support for the Pixel Watch. I will jump off the company as soon as I can! :-( 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

8 months ago

Holy cow. You guys won't believe this, but it works.

I just got a beta update on my phone and the latest release installed on my watch and it prompted me to set up an ESIM with Xfinity.

Next thing you know, I'm talking to my daughter using my watch!!!

9 Messages

Try it with your phone turned off... 

2 Messages

It works. I just set up my wife's. Tried it with the phone off.

2 Messages

@Beyond_annoyed​ it now works.

I was told my Pixel Fold was not compatible. Then when I offered my Mom's unlocked Moto Edge 2021, they also said it wasn't compatible. I'm getting Mom a new 2023 Edge for Xmas. But you guys are right, this is beyond rediculous that the Fold has been out almost 6 months and they still don't support it when it works on literally every carrier. I currently have Mom and I on Google Fi. I was gonna switch to Xfinity Mobile because of the deal and it would cut my phone bill in half plus give me a discount on internet. I am still working on a way around the IMEI issues. Oh yea, I also have an original Pixel Watch LTE. One rep said it would be just an additional 10$/mo for a data device and another told me that it was not compatible....   :o/

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

@RoamingArdilla We appreciate you reaching out here on our Xfinity Forums. I definitely can appreciate not wanting to upgrade a phone if you don't have to! For reference you can also check device compatibility for Xfinity Mobile here.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

7 months ago

I pre ordered my unlocked Pixel 8 Pro on release day one as an upgrade for a Pixel 7 Pro both which have been Xfinity Mobile working just fine! Had the 7 on it for a whole year before I got the 8. Phone was unlocked phone from Bestbuy.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here