U

Tuesday, September 24th, 2024 9:20 AM

Global Pass: Xfinity taking money for nothing

I went to Spain with my family, and hired "Global Pass" (that is not global, by the way) for my wife's line. While driving around (including France) we happen to go to Andorra (we learned later the it is not covered by the no so global, global pass). After half an hour my wife unlocks her phone and finds a message that informs her that the global pass is not covering that area. She then turns the roaming off and puts the phone into flight mode. In summary: she did not use the phone at all. Surprise, surprise!!! We got a bill for almost $2,000.

1. I called to clarify the issue, no response other than sending me to a physical office because they could not do anything.

2. Went to an office (waited a while to be helped), and nothing. They told me there is nothing they can do since they deal with sales (basically). They suggested a different number to call.

3. I called this new number and had me waiting there for a long while to tell me that even if my wife did not use the phone, there was a lot of data flowing in the "background of the phone"... and that they understood my frustration and bla bla bla... they ended up crediting me 1K. Is this enough??? NO!

I took all the precautions, hired the Global Pass. I Did NOT use the phone when not covered, and I still felt ripped off.

This shows lack of professionalism, very poor customer service, and really taking customer's money for nothing. So disappointed.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

10 days ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support @user_1ddw3i!  We want to ensure you are provided with the best support possible. May I have you tell me a little more about your mobile concern, please? Also, have you tried calling or texting our Xfinity Mobile Sales and Service team at 1-888-936-4968? In addition, you may use our Secure Online Chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7! Have you used this feature yet?

2 Messages

Yes, I tried everything. Chat, Call, Xfinity center. And as I explained in my previous message, several hours of time wasted.

More details about my concern?

My family had a trip to Europe. Visited England, Spain, and France (and Andorra). My wife subscribed to the Global pass. While driving around northern Spain and southern France, we decided to drive into Andorra (a small Principality between Spain and France). Once we arrive to destination, my wife picks her phone and see one message noting something like Andorra is not covered by the Global Pass and that messages and calls may incur in additional prices. She immediately shut the roaming of and turned her phone to airplane mode. We used wifi at the location we stayed at. So, she did not use her phone in Andorra other than to receive the message I explained.

When it came the time to check the bill, the usual monthly charge, then the Global pass, ($10 per 20 days or so), and then more than $1,500 charge due to Phone usage in Andorra. I don't know how to explain this better. I hope this clarify my concern, frustration.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_1ddw3i Thank you so much for those details. We do have limited access to your Xfinity mobile details but it would be our pleasure to help make sure you get some personal attention on this matter. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here