skyjockey's profile

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

Tuesday, February 14th, 2023 6:59 PM

Closed

"Free" iPhone SE offer real??

Reading many horror stories about "free" phones and rebates not being honored is making me nervous.

I have a Comcast land line I want to port to a cell phone. An agent told me I could get the new iPhone SE free if I port a number over. And that the cable side is separate from mobile side so it is considered a transfer for a new line.  I'm nervous to believe this and end up with a $450 new phone I really didn't need?

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

2 years ago

Maybe! The promotion says transfer from another carrier so the question is whether your land line is considered another carrier?

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

2 years ago

That's just it. From what the phone rep said the cable and wireless are considered 2 different company's so it "should" work.  I'm hoping to hear from someone that tried this how it went. Just don't want to get stuck with a new phone payment if they did mislead 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@skyjockey​ they have because they're trying to charge us $17.41 a month for 4 phones and it was free if we switched over which we did from Cricket. What a nightmare it has been dealing with them but I sent it over to the BBB. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

@skyjockey. Hi! Porting from Xfinity landline does work for the promotions. Basically any port in works. If you have a bundle with Xfinity voice the bundle will go to the standard rate once it is ported. We are always here to check on promotions for your residential account.

Contributor

• 

77 Messages

1 year ago

I am having the same problem.    I accepted the offer in early-February.   There was a problem from the start with the porting.   I thought it was finally worked out by early-March.   However, my last bill included a charge for the phone payment, as if I am paying it off each month for two years.   I phoned Xfinity Mobile (not an easy task reaching a human, as one has to jump through five hoops first). 

I was last week given impression that I did not get a free phone, but rather a second line with shared data on a new device which I have to pay for.  I said that's ridiculous.   I was certain the phone was to be free (only taxes for device paid up front), and that I'd not be charged an additional cent for it.   

They said number was not ported properly, thus the phone must now be paid.   I exclaimed that is not my fault!  That matter was to have been sorted out months ago, but apparently was not.  

I really think this is a bate-and-switch fraud!   

I did finally get a credit for the installment charge last week.  However, this week, I see a new bill has been generated (to be paid in early-July), with me being charged well over $400 for the remaining balance of the iPhone SE!

Again, I'm trying to reach Customer Service, and once again am going through the hoops where they make send you a text message that allegedly will solves problems, but only puts a Customer in a feedback loop.   

I've well and truly had it!

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

@BobbySevenSevenSeven​ 

that totally sucks !  I never did go thru with the offer for this very reason. Months later it’s not like you have much choice. What makes it worse is the SE phone likely isn’t what you wanted or ever would have bought except it was supposed to be “free”

Contributor

• 

77 Messages

So true!   I only am using it for smart devices in my apartment, instead of pulling out my Samsung Flip 4 phone - and to hook up to an Apple Watch from a couple years ago that I couldn't use with an Android device.   

Contributor

• 

77 Messages

Oh, and meanwhile - it's an hour later and I'm still on the line with Xfinity Mobile.  Each transfer is like starting over - no one is looking at the notes from earlier today, from last week, or from February and March.   The only thing they are all saying is you don't have a free phone - you have to pay.  

I need to find out how to file a complaint with the BBB or some other still-relevant Consumer protection agency.   

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@BobbySevenSevenSeven​  do a BBB complaint and you will get corporation office. Also do a FCC complaint. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Did they fix your problem ?

Contributor

• 

77 Messages

1 year ago

No, they did not!  I haven't yet had enough coffee to try to deal with their Customer Service today, but do hope to give it another shot, as the due date is fast approaching.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@BobbySevenSevenSeven​  we spent over 10-15 hours trying to deal with them in India. I finally got them to bring the bill down well so far to $130 a month. I changed my VISA so they cannot do an automatic payment. I have sent them over to BBB and I am thankful (sadly enough) to find this thread to show that they did indeed make the offer and I see I am not the only one dealing with this problem, not that I want anyone to deal with this at all. Best wishes but they're a nightmare and I have seen they have done this with their internet customers as well. 

Contributor

• 

77 Messages

Sorry to not find your message sooner, and thank you for the well wishes!

Given the number of similar complaints over time, I have a hard time seeing the issue as not deliberate.    I mean, it would have been corrected otherwise.  At least, it should have been corrected.

I do want to say that my last bill was ultimately adjusted a few weeks ago, so I didn't have to pay the cost of the phone.   

I will not accept any future offer without full documenting everything.    I still 15 months left in my contract.    At the end of that, I will seriously consider looking elsewhere for mobile service, unless I see far fewer complaints of this nature, and regarding no-fee phone upgrades at the middle of a contract, which was another problem I've twice experienced with Xfinity.   

I hope you and yours are well.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I already was on a deal where a iPhone was free as long as I paid the monthly bill and kept it going for so long well I wanted to get the deal they had going for the new s23 so I went on inspector representative in India of course and paid the phone off $166 and he told me that I could sell my phone that I currently have S21 to them and that I had got accepted to get the s23 and pay on it monthly and I paid $120 some dollars for it to begin and was waiting on the new phone to arrive and then I was supposed to send in my old phone well it never arrives so I called to see what was going on and they pretty much told me that I was lying that conversation never happened but they did see where I paid off my phone for $166 that would have been free so I said why would I have done that if I was not going to get another phone they pretty much told me that they didn't care the deal wasn't going on anymore and offered me some low-grade phone and on top of it to add insult to injury they could not refund me for paying off the phone that was supposed to be free and could not explain to me where my $130 was that I asked to speak to a supervisor and could not get through was told I would get a call back and I never did and now I have made an online complaint to Tom somebody and that my issue would be investigated and that someone would get back to me I guess via email but I've been a customer between me and my fiance with them 10 to 15 years and we have a monthly bill with them about $300 between the phones and the internet but if this issue is not resolved then I will be going somewhere else I just cannot believe the type of customer service that I have received and that you cannot speak to someone that speaks English that can understand what you're talking about and they can find notes about everything else but they cannot find a note about where I talk to someone on the phone for 2 hours about this and my money was taken off of my credit card this is so unprofessional in the worst customer service I have ever experienced and I will make sure that everyone I know knows about my experience and I will never do business with them ever again if it is not resolved

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

Hello, @user_f1de0a. This isn't the experience we want you to have, and I definitely want to ensure you're Xfinity Mobile concern is able to get resolved. Due to account security our options are limited with Xfinity Mobile accounts, but we do partner with our wonderful Xfinity Mobile Executive experts. These great partners would be the ones who work the investigations when contacting Tom K, so I know I would be reaching out to the right people. 

Since I would need to gather some information that we don't want to have in a public reply, I would need for you to send me a direct message. 

To send a direct message: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here