BobbySevenSevenSeven's profile

Contributor

• 

77 Messages

Tuesday, May 30th, 2023 7:16 PM

Closed

Free iPhone SE? As if!

I accepted a free iPhone SE offer in early-February.  I'd get the second device after paying taxes on it up front.  I'd share data for that device with my first phone (Samsung Flip 4).   I only did it to have a spare phone, and to be able to use an Apple Watch that has sat idle for a few years.     There was a problem from the start with the number porting (my no longer active Xfinity landline was to be the number ported to new phone).   I thought it was finally worked out by early-March.   However, my last bill included a charge for the phone payment, as if I am paying it off each month for two years.   I phoned Xfinity Mobile (not an easy task reaching a human, as one has to jump through five hoops first). 

I was last week given impression that I did not get a free phone, but rather a second line with shared data on a new device which I have to pay for.  I said that's ridiculous.   I was certain the phone was to be free (only taxes for device paid up front), and that I'd not be charged an additional cent for it.   

They said number was not ported properly, thus the iPhone must now be purchased by me.   I exclaimed that is not my fault!  That matter was to have been sorted out months ago, but apparently was not.  

I did finally get a $17+ credit for the unwarranted installment charge last week.  However, this week, I see a new bill has been generated (to be paid in early-July), with me being charged well over $400 for the remaining balance of the iPhone SE!

I really think this is a bate-and-switch fraud!   I see others are reporting  various and sundry problems with free phone offers from Xfinity Mobile.     Perhaps the expectation is a Customer will just give up over the frustration and pay for the device?   

Again, I'm trying to reach Customer Service, and once again am going through the hoops where they make send you a text message that allegedly will solves problems, but only puts a Customer in a feedback loop.   

I've well and truly had it!   

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

@BobbySevenSevenSeven  Hi! I appreciate the very detailed post of what has happened so far. I can understand your frustration trying to resolve this and I want to do what I can to help. Did you get a chance to talk to anybody from mobile on the phone in the last few days? Have you also talked to an agent on our chat assistant in the last week?

Contributor

• 

77 Messages

@XfinityEthan​ Hi.  Yes, I spoke with several Agents last week as I did the week before, and the one before that.     

I waited a few days to reply to your message to see if any progress was made on xfinity mobile's end.  I just this morning checked to see if some change on my account showed up, but sadly, nothing is different.  It is still set up to bill me the FULL amount of the "free phone" come 2 July 23.   It makes no sense because the former Xfinity landline number was eventually (sometime in February) ported to the "free" iPhone SE, after it the initial porting issues back then (which I never understood the nature of).    

The last Agent I spoke with last week was pleasant enough, and seemed to understand the problem, but had no idea how it could be corrected.   That is what, if understand correctly, the advance team or tier is working on.   Why it's taking so long is beyond me.   Why when the porting issue was resolved months ago, the problem comes back up now, is also beyond me.   

I qualified for the free phone offer.   The former Xfinity Landline number was finally ported to the device in question after many calls and much time back this February.   I am never late on my bills.   From my perspective, Xfinity Mobile at this point should just zero out the balance due, since none of this is my fault, but rather is does to layers of problems on your company's end.   

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for clarifying. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to leave a post about this on our community forum, and I want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform, but we should be able to put you in touch with someone who can get you some answers.

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your residential account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

77 Messages

@XfinityJamesC​ -  

I'd like to make it clear that I did follow your advice about two weeks ago.   Amazingly, whoever got my Direct Message simply re-directed me to phone the same Xfinity Mobile Customer Service phone number where I've made half a dozen calls the past two months on this very same issue...

Hello Robert. I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7? Text Message: 888-936-4968 Phone: 888-936-4968 Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile    

Really, like so many Customers, I'm being sent in a dizzying circle.   It beggars belief!  

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@BobbySevenSevenSeven I am sorry for how your experience has made you feel. We do have limited access to Xfinity Mobile accounts and do encourage you to reachout directly to Xfinity Mobile. That being said

I would like to forward your information to have this addressed. Please send me a Direct Message with your:

Name

Service address 

Xfinity Mobile Phone number

Phone number where you can be reached

Email

Residential Account Number

I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I was offered a free iPhone in April.  When I first saw the billing for the phone, I assumed it was because my Affordable Connectivity Program had not been completed. [Which was a total pain itself!]  Xfinity is trying to charge me $17 a month, ultimately $400 for my free iPhone SE.  I never inquired about an iPhone SE---it was offered to me for free.  I contacted the Xfinity Mobile representative and she told me to call Xfinity Mobile billing at 1 800 XFINITY.  My Xfinity cable service Suxxxxx, my Xfinity Internet is OK and now I get charged for a free phone from Xfinity Mobile.  Oh! And yes!  It took six weeks going round and round to get my Affordable Connectivity Program approval.

Contributor

• 

77 Messages

@user_e9b257​ -  I'm on Affordable Connectivity as well.  It was not easy to get set up on my account, either - just like you describe.   Even now, it appears the credit is applied after the fact, rather then before the bill is due.    I think only the first month was properly showing the credit before the bill due date.  At least it all balances out in the end.

As for my cable - I have never had a great connection - pixelation is frequent despite many service calls. 

And regarding internet, even for a small apartment, I had to get one of Xfinity's pods, to help the router get the signal to all corners  - and yet connection issues persist, with buffering being a big issue the past few months.    I certainly can't afford another Pod.    Meanwhile, I rarely had such issues years ago, when I used a Apple Airport Supreme for wifi.   That signal got everywhere, with technology from I think 2013!    I wish I had not sold it when I was told it would be better to just use the xFI Gateway thing.    

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_e9b257​ I forgot to mention that I get very limited data with my (free?) iphone SE package.  Aftrer going on the internet a few times, Xfinity Mobile charged me $17 extra.  Consequently, I never use my iPhone SE.  I will spend today talking to customer service.

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

1 year ago

There were a few conditions to the offer:

Activation of new Xfinity Mobile line and transfer of phone number from another carrier within 30 days of phone purchase date. Device credits applied monthly to your account over 24 months so long as Device Agreement is in effect. If line is canceled, voluntarily or involuntarily or device payments are accelerated, balance of credits associated with device payment are forfeited. Not valid with prior purchases, returns or exchanges.

Did you meet these requirements? If so you would see a device credit each month offsetting the $17+ charge. 

Contributor

• 

77 Messages

@DaveO3​ - I certainly met all those requirements - except what you wrote regarding "another carrier".   Indeed, I was told by an Xfinity Agent I qualified for the offer because I was getting rid of my Xfinity Landline.   I was told that number would be ported to the free iPhone SE.  If it had to be another carrier, I was misinformed.    There was a porting issue at first (no idea why, when the company holding the landline number is essentially in-house with Xfinity Mobile), but even that was resolved (at least appeared to be resolved) during the two to three weeks after I accepted the offer - well before then 30-day date you mention.    My landline phone line went silent, and that number was ported to the iPhone SE.    Subsequent bills did not charge me for the phone.   I thought all was well until last month, when I saw the $17+ charge for the phone.    After calling several times about that, and getting different explanations during very long phone conversation, I was eventually credited that amount back.   My bill was paid as normal, well before the due date.   Sadly, the bill for July is even more problematic - not a monthly installment for that allegedly free phone, but rather the ENTIRE purchase price.    

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

@BobbySevenSevenSeven​ OUCH! Major OUCH!

Gather your data. Order date and confirmation date from email. Order date from XM App. Received date. Your activation date which would have started the transfer/porting process, which xfinity then messed up. 

Unfortunately , once XM messes up it’s pretty hard to fix. 

Next call XM again and try one more time. If unsuccessful call or email a local TV station consumer advocate such as channel X responds or NBC X responds.  

Good Luck!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@DaveO3​ "Problem solver": How do I read the fine print when I am gratuitously offered a free phone from your remote representative in Mindanao? You have a big problem here that requires a lot more than an internet forum "problem solver".

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Did they fix your problem ?

Contributor

• 

77 Messages

@user_d005fa​ No, they did not!  I haven't yet had enough coffee to try to deal with their Customer Service today, but do hope to give it another shot, as the due date is fast approaching.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here