jl2017's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, July 2nd, 2024 12:54 AM

Difference between old Unlimited Intro and new Unlimited plan

What are the pros/cons of staying on the older Unlimited Intro plan vs switching to the new Unlimited plan? Is the "Premium data" included with the new plan an upgrade? Is the QCI different between these two plans?

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 months ago

jl2017 Great question. The big difference is with the video quality and the amount of data needed for that higher quality:

Choose the Unlimited data option that’s right for you: With the Unlimited
You can stream video in SD.
You'll receive a personal hotspot capable of 3G speeds.
After you use 30 GB of monthly data, your download and upload speeds will be reduced to 1.5 Mbps download/750 Kbps upload for the rest of your billing cycle.
Once the next billing cycle starts, you’re back to full speed.*
You won’t be charged extra for using over 30 GB of monthly data use.
You'll have premium data.
This means you have priority of service during times of network congestion, like at music festivals and sporting events.
With the Unlimited Plus
You can stream video in HD (720p).
The first 15 GB of your personal hotspot usage will be at the maximum speed available (based on your device’s capabilities and network capacity).
After your personal hotspot usage exceeds 15 GB, your hotspot speeds will be reduced to 3G speeds for the rest of your billing cycle.
After you use 50 GB of monthly data download and upload speeds are reduced to 5 Mbps download/2 Mbps upload for the rest of your billing cycle.
Once the next billing cycle starts, you’re back to full speed.*
You aren’t charged extra for the data you use.
You'll have premium data.
This means you have priority of service during times of network congestion, like at music festivals and sporting events.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Thanks, but that wasn't my question. I was asking about the difference between the old and new plans, not the difference between the currently available plans.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@jl2017 You can find out more about the Xfinity Mobile Unlimited plans right here: 

XFINITY MOBILE DATA OPTIONS

Unlimited Intro:
Monthly data usage threshold (after which speeds are slowed) 20 GB — standard data. 

Mobile hotspot speeds 3G speeds.

Video streaming quality Standard definition (480p).

Unlimited Premium:

50 GB — premium data for customers connecting in high traffic areas such as concerts, airports, sporting events, etc.

First 15 GB at maximum available speeds, then at 3G speeds.

High definition (720p).

The Price has also changed. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

That still didn't address my question.

I'm trying to determine why I would move to the new plan. What is better with the new plan? What is better with the old plan? Is the new plan actually an improvement, or am I losing any features why moving off of the old plan?

Also, still curious about the QCI.

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@jl2017 for more in depth questions such as what you are seeking have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Text Message: 888-936-4968
Phone: 888-936-4968
Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

11 days ago

I have a similar question. I don't want substandard priority for phone calls, which some previous xfinity plans had. Will I get same priority as I have now with my old by the gig plan if I move to new unlimited plans? 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_jper, Hi there! Thanks for reaching out. Just to confirm, are you meaning substandard priority for data usage or when receiving or making calls?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here