U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, October 16th, 2023 10:03 PM

Closed

Customer service cost me a $830 promotion

Hello, 

I placed an order for an iPhone 15 Pro Max. I used a promo code from my Xfinity Gold rewards. The promo code was for $830 off a phone to switch to Xfinity. The iPhone 15 is on backorder, and my current phone has a fast-draining battery. I saw the blue color was not on backorder, so I called support. I asked if it was possible to switch the color of the phone and keep everything. The rep didn't let me know about any consequences for switching the phone. He canceled my order. I guess when he realized he messed up, he quickly transferred me to what he claimed was support, but it was the main line, not support.

I had to call back, and I spoke to three more people. Each person made mistakes, and were not very helpful. They repeated lines that were not relevant, and they didn't answer questions directly. It took over 2 hours before I was able to get a straight answer about my order, which was that when the rep canceled my order, I lost the promotion. Then the gaslighting ensued. They tried to blame me for the rep's mistake and blame me for not knowing Xfinity's internal processes. They offered no solutions and kept reminding me that I wouldn't be charged $830. This is crazy because why would I be charged the same amount that was supposed to be my discount? I asked if I could speak to a manager or have my issue escalated 5-6 different times. I was placed on long holds each time. They told me to go to local stores and ask around for a deal. I asked for a manager again; they finally said my issue would be escalated and I would receive a callback and an email. It has been three days with no email or call. 

The experience was so terrible I was crying frustrated tears by the end of the call. I'm shocked that this is allowed to happen and that customers are treated this way. 

Official Employee

• 

475 Messages

11 months ago

Good afternoon, and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us today. We're very sorry to hear about your negative experience and would like to assist. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? 

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

1 Message

11 months ago

I am having the same issue well mostly.  I ordered a promax 15 1tb and it said delivery 10/25 I called today because it now shows 11/10 and I won’t be in the country.  I called CS TODAY to have them just change the color as all the others are in stock now and he said no but will cancel the order if I wish and place a new one but I lose my phone replacement funds!  
what are you kidding me!  Same order same phone just a different color and they are in stock!  
I have been a customer for 10 years and now I am looking at making the switch.  I have never had this many issues with xfinity in the past and frankly they don’t offer enough perks to existing customers to keep them!   

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

Hello @user_b059r9! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to our team on Forums. We appreciate you being a customer with us, and I am sorry to hear about the complications you've experienced with trying to change the phone color on your Mobile order. Xfinity Mobile support on social media is currently limited, and we only have access to help with general questions about pricing, service offers, and basic troubleshooting available on xfinitymobile.com.

For the best assistance, please contact our Xfinity Mobile support center through any of the following methods: 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

10 months ago

Currently dealing with something similar. Tried to sign up and they immediately canceled my order. I now cannot reorder because it says my $830 reward was already redeemed 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here