U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, December 22nd, 2021 6:29 PM

Closed

Cell phone incoming calls go straight to voicemail

I have seen numerous posts about incoming calls to mobile phones going straight to voicemail, but I have not seen any publicly available solutions. Both my wife and I have calls that are not in our Contacts list go straight to voicemail. This has caused some issues with business related calls.

My wife has an iPhone and I have a Samsung A51, so it's not a manufacturer-based issue.

This seems to be a pretty common problem. There must be a general issue with the service that causes this. Is there a general solution to solve it?

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, user_93b502! Thank you for reaching out for help with the Xfinity Mobile service, via our Forums. To receive customer support, you'll want to reach out to our exceptional team of Mobile experts. Support information can be found here: https://comca.st/3FswmvU

You can contact our Xfinity Mobile support center via any of the following methods:

• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

• Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

• Chat: https://comca.st/3Fv0vdS

Thank you for participating in our community.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

...not sure if you found a solution to this but here is what I found out and it seems to work. I was told that the apple watch was running interference so if you have an apple watch try the following.

1: Turn off WiFi and Bluetooth on your phone

2: Power down the apple watch

3: Power down your phone

4: Power up your phone

5: Power up your apple watch.

good luck

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Thank you so much. I was getting no where with xfinity support. This worked for me!

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I have been experiencing the same issue, I have a Galaxy Note 20 5G, and I recently moved to the 5G network, and people are calling me, and I don't get missed calls, but they are saying that it's going straight to voicemail box. I have turn on/off, reset my phone multiple times and the issue still happens. It's random, and it happens sometimes. 

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

@WarrriorPrincessLiz

I want to make sure that your mobile issue is addressed. To receive customer support, you'll want to reach out to our exceptional team of Mobile experts.

You can contact our Xfinity Mobile support center via any of the following methods:

• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

• Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

• Chat: https://comca.st/3JdvCvX

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Hi :

My wife iphone 13pro max had the same problem - the incoming calls would NOT ring - but show "user busy". The Caller would go directly to voicemail.

After trying a lot of different solutions including back-up the iphone and then setting the iphone as new (that fixed the issue) BUT restoring the whole back-up, the probelm came back.

I switched SIMs with her iphone -- the issue followed the SIM - so thought it must be xfinity issue. As it turned out it was sort of xfinity issue.

Eventually it seems that my wife iphone VM was full - so that was causing this issue

I deleted the most of the VMs and also deleted the VMs from the "Deleted messages" which are at the end of the VM list.

Also setup a new VM pin on the iphone

Then rebooted the iphone couple of times and then iphone is working fine NOW.

Hope this help you also.

Regard,

Farooq

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same problem and been on phone with xfinity support for over an hour.  They are not familiar with the issue or how to fix it.  This continues to happen and it’s extremely frustrating. I may have to switch carriers to resolve the issue.  

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@Erub​ you have to tell them to send you to tier two service.  If they won’t you ask for a manager. Tier two knows that this is a problem. They will run you in circles at tier one. And it won’t be solved. 

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

Hello, please reach out to our mobile support team and we can look into this! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

so I have the same problem. I have been working with xfinity support for over 3 months without a resolution. I have replaced sim cards and spent countless hours on the phone with tech support. This has been elevated where tech support is supposably working directly with Verizon but the issue is still ongoing after almost 4 months, three with support help. I may have to bit the bullet and pay off my phone so I can shift to a reliable carrier as xfinity does not seem to be able to fix this. Great deals but not good if we do not have dependable service

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_dc1d56​ same problem here. It’s random when calls don’t go through and caller just gets my voicemail. After numerous SIM cards and working with Xfinity, salesman said they can’t fix the problem! 

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

2 years ago

The problem might be that your phone is auto connecting to the Bluetooth in your car, or some other phone device, and then not properly disconnecting?

When you are having the issue, check your phone settings to see if a Bluetooth phone device is still paired and connected.

So, maybe your car is parked to close to your house? Maybe your car needs a software update, or maybe you just need to unpair and re-pair Bluetooth to your car or other phone device. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Connection to Bluetooth does not send a call straight to voicemail. Nor does it show as user busy etc. My phone is almost always connected to a Bluetooth device as well as Apple Watch and it does not ring through. 

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

I have this problem as well, with iPhone 13 pro and apple watch on my Xfinity mobile service.  Was previously "fixed" about a month ago.  Back again, YAY!  I hate Xfinity mobile support and now I have to call again because I can't receive calls.  I'll get a level 1 tech who doesn't know anything, will tell me to reset my network connections and that they will call me back, LOL, good luck on calling a phone that can't receive calls!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Hi thank you for sharing your feedback, @MLaw7. I am sad to hear your issue returned. I know how frustrating it would be to be offered a call back on a number that cannot receive calls. Have you tried reaching out to our Xfinity Mobile experts via Chat? They can provide you with the same assistance as our Mobile phone experts. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here